CB450 Café Racer Build. IT'S A ROLLER

Re: CB450 Café Racer Build. Frame & Swingarm

Okay so I am going to do just the speedometer up front, here is an idea that I had for the face. Let me know what you all think.
Hondaspeedo.jpg

JR

Need someone to do your decals? I do decals and can do them. Lmk via pm

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

found out that I can working it so the odometer is on top and the needle is strait down, so here is another rendering.
Hondaspeedo-1.jpg

JR

So, I got my stuff back from the powder-coaters the other day, and was excited to start putting the covers on the engine and get it all finished up. NO. Apparently they decided that they didnt want to mask ANYTHING :mad: . so I ended up with a nice thick coat covering all sides of everything. so needles to say I had to clean off the powder from the gasket edge. :p this is the second time they have screwed me on a GOOD clean job. I dont think I will be using them in the future.
The frame looks really good but it is at my mechanics shop getting new bushings and stem bearing put in, so I have not really had a chance to see what kind of screw-ups may be on it.

I ended up using a sanding pad on a drillgun and just lightly sanding till I got to the metal and then cleaning up the rest with acetone, it took me several hours.
60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

JR

Re: CB450 Café Racer Build. ASSEMBLY BEGINS

So FINALLY!!!!! I got my frame back and ready to start assembly. The issue now is that I am out of time :p . I am not happy about it but it is just the way it is. I am going to get it together as much as I can in the next week and a half but then the bike will be going into storage most likely till next summer when I have a place to work on it in Hawaii.
Last night I started with the swing-arm (I had to use a hacksew to get out the old bushings then I tapped in the new brass ones with a rubber mallet. Then the rear shocks (those are the shocks from DCC, look pretty nice, we will see how they ride). Then I got the stem and fork put on as well as front wheel and brake. I took some photos of how it was sitting as I left.
Enjoy ;D .
63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

JR

CB450 Café Racer Build. IT'S A ROLLER

Very nice! The engine looks great. I think you might catch up to me. Be warned though, it took me two days to get the wiring done.

What are you going to HI for?

*Oh yeah, forgot you were in the AF.

Awesome, Jack!

Just offering, but you're welcome to keep it in my shop if you'd rather not put it into storage. I know it's a bit of a haul over from Idaho, but just figured I'd offer.

This is a great looking build. I wish I had the foresight to cut all those bits off the seat rail before I powder coated!

Amazing build. Excuse my ignorance because this answer is probably hidden in this thread somewhere but what was your reasoning for extending the swingarm? Looks/function?

Thank you all, you are all too kind :D . I am planning on finishing it sooner than later, but it will definitely be on hold for a while since I leave Wednesday :( :) :( .

kieferocks said:
Amazing build. Excuse my ignorance because this answer is probably hidden in this thread somewhere but what was your reasoning for extending the swingarm? Looks/function?

Yep there was really no reason aside from the looks, the back wheel looks smashed up under the back of the bike so the 3" gives it a more balanced look.

JR

Back
Top Bottom