1970 Honda CL450 "Ginger"

Re: 1970 Honda CL450 (project kickass)

got my engine mounts all painted up....not sure what i think of the gold. might look kinda funky with what i've already got going on. thoughts are welcome! Should i add more gold components or stick to the simple black and silver?

Attachments

• photo[2].JPG
    photo[2].JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 322

I for one like it bud ! lil color will make everything pop ....

this is awesome...

Attachments

• 404914_10150546466109481_42968294480_8630895_1927854937_n.jpg
    404914_10150546466109481_42968294480_8630895_1927854937_n.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 323

thats fucking awesome! ...and the bikes going to be cool too!

Are you using stock seat mounts and pan?
I love the way the tank looks! If mine wasn't all dented i woulda loved to DO IT RAW!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using the toilet

Did you do the beavis and butt head thing? looks real and creepy as F%#k. And the gold should look sweet, it will go good with your bars.

Some pretty significant progress to report...i'd say i'm about 85% done. I am happy with the turnout thus far. Going to need some tinkering here and there and i still have most of the cables to connect. Going to get the wheels done over the next 2 weeks, then i'll actually have a rolling motor to get working. Being that its all rebuilt, shouldn't be too much trouble. As to the engine, i haven't painted the lower case yet as i can't decide what i want to do...do i polish it out or do i paint it wrinkle paint black?

Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 315

and a couple more...

Attachments

• IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 319

Love that tank! Really pops with your color choice of header wrap too

looking killer so far, cant wait to see it all done. you will have to put up a vid so we can hear those pipes

Hey henry think you could do the side cover like you did the tank ? if not id say black with a rainbow pin stripe lol or maybe just black.......

i am not using the side covers on this one. probably going to do a MX style number sign on the sides at some point...but for now i am enjoying the stacks and screens in all of their glory. They will come off when the offroad sessions begin.

Thanks for looking duders! I'll certainly get a running vid once i'm there. I can't wait to hear those puppies rumble!

Here is the latest photo...put everything back together and was so friggin' excited to hear it roar, but then it was seized. Tried kicking with no movement at all except when the clutch was in. Thinking its a stuck valve as everything else looked money inside the motor, but i won't know until i pull everything again...so very frustrating...but she's lookin' purdy. lol

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 307

milehigh said:
Going to get the wheels done over the next 2 weeks, then i'll actually have a rolling motor to get working. Being that its all rebuilt, shouldn't be too much trouble.

milehigh said:
...put everything back together and was so friggin' excited to hear it roar, but then it was seized. Tried kicking with no movement at all except when the clutch was in. Thinking its a stuck valve as everything else looked money inside the motor, but i won't know until i pull everything again...so very frustrating...but she's lookin' purdy. lol

Not being too critical but I'm confused so I gotta ask.
You did all that work to it without knowing if the engine would turn over... or is this a new development? Sounds like you went through the engine, but then you say it's siezed. ???
Will it rotate at all (either direction) but then comes to a stop without going completely through the 360 degree rotation? or is it STUCK and won't move at all in either direction?

Hoosier Daddy said:
Not being too critical but I'm confused so I gotta ask.
You did all that work to it without knowing if the engine would turn over... or is this a new development? Sounds like you went through the engine, but then you say it's siezed. ???
Will it rotate at all (either direction) but then comes to a stop without going completely through the 360 degree rotation? or is it STUCK and won't move at all in either direction?

I can understand the concern, if i had done all that work without checking the motor i would be one hell of a damn fool. The motor ran great before the tear down, checked it all, everything in spec. replaced gaskets, valve seals, cleaned the shit out of everything in the top end, replaced the cam chain, put all together. rotation seemed fine when we checked it, but after installing, i've come to determine that it i will only rotate 1.5 times before catching and "seizing" (i know thats one scary ass word when talking of motors, but in this case its accurate) its come to a stopping point, but will rotate in either direction 1.5 turns...im thinking its a valve, so im going to pull the plates this evening and check that all the valves ares still in place.

Any thoughts? my clutch seems to be working, the neutral position has been located--altho the shifter pedal is very loose and we didn't crack into the lower case, so i don't know why that would be...is there a return spring i am missing? I will be inspecting with my manual when i get home to figure that one out, but the issues could be related, maybe?

Thanks and any insight is helpful!

Back
Top Bottom