XS650 let's call it a " cafe tracker" bike

sbaugz

DTT BOTM winner
Here is my before and after 1981 Yamaha XS650 special. picked it up for $150.
IMG_1444.jpg

after

Re: XS650 cafe tracker bike

Awesome!
How does that rear tire not eat the tail light when you hit a bump?

SONICJK said:
Awesome!
How does that rear tire not eat the tail light when you hit a bump?

It may not look like it, but there is more than enough clearance. Shocks could bottom out and still have clearance without rubbing.

beautifully presented. awesome!

Very nice. Clean, attention to detail, fine craftsmanship.

You stole that bike at $150!

AlphaDogChoppers said:
Very nice. Clean, attention to detail, fine craftsmanship.

You stole that bike at $150!

Tell me about it. I think the seller realized that pretty quickly as he was getting like 20 calls and texts from people within an hour of posting on Craigslist
Lucky that I happened to see it right away.

I got my XS650 the same way. I just happened to contact him right after he posted it. People were clamoring to get it at $400, sight unseen. It was pretty rusty and corroded from sitting in a damp garage, but I put gas in it, and hooked a battery to it, and it started! Ran like crap and gasoline was pouring out of one of the carburetors, but it started and ran. Mostly, all I had to do to make it road worthy was replace the corroded floats & clean the carbs, rebuild the front caliper, (leaking,) put on new tires and put in a battery.

Reminds me, I have to pull the rotor out of it today and ship it off to a guy that rewinds them.

Used to be more deals like that but they are few and far between these days.
Three years ago i Picked up my cb200 donor for $65
Picked up my cb360 donor for $100
Xs650 for $150
And a couple of nearly new cb350 and cl360 bikes last summer for $1000

Now people are asking $1200 for piles of crap that used to be give-away bikes a few years ago.

misfitfiend said:
That is a beautiful looking bike and a hell of a fork brace!

Those forks definitely aren't going to flex at all. Gordon Scott engineering custom made them for me - he had to make them taller to clear that Avon front tire.

Well not only are they sturdy as hell they look great too. And I saw you made it onto the Bike EXIF facebook page, it's good to see somebody getting the attention they deserve.

Back
Top Bottom