1965 Honda C100 Cub (Watch me strip!!! XXX S*X!!!)

Re: 1963 Honda C100 Cub (She Lives!)

The_Beave said:
It is tomorrow. Pictures or GTFO. (Yes, of your own thread! LOL)

At work right now; I'll get some up tonight!

Re: 1963 Honda C100 Cub (She Lives!)

Heres the wheel after being cleaned up a TON. Most of the work is invisible; the entire inside is rebuilt as well and looks super clean and pink (synthetic grease, woohoo!)

_DSC0005.jpg

Got back from work and decided to clean the front end. There was a TON of dirt and grime all over the place. Sorry that I don't have pictures of the front end; I was too busy working to snap a "before" picture of all the muck, and it was too dark for an "after"... But heres the inbetween....

_DSC0002.jpg

The one on the left is wiped down about half way. It was completely black before when I got the bike. The one on the right is completely cleaned. massive difference. I probably cut a pound of grease and muck off the suspension alone.

Unfortunately, found this...

_DSC0004.jpg

Collapsed bushings. Will need to order some, but for now I cleaned everything, greased, and loosely assembled back on the bike in order to keep it together (and to discourage me from a complete tear down).

Re: 1963 Honda C100 Cub (Absorbing the Bumps)

Rear wheel is off and will have the hub rebuilt by tonight. Pics up later. Going to jersey in the morning to work on the 350, so a very product weekend thus far!

1963 Honda C100 Cub (Absorbing the Bumps)

Nice find! I just finished a resto of a c100. Check the tag on the wiring harness. The year will be on there. Also look up dratv or something like that. They deal with the z50s and may have a kick starter shaft. If you can't find one there is a guy kinda near me with tons of Honda 50 parts, only catch is he wants to sell his lot of them for a crazy price. Here is my little beer runner.
43a6a006-e242-87e1.jpg

Super fun bike! Enjoy!

BC.... That is beautiful!

I noticed the wiring harness a few days ago... it is in fact a 65.

Heres the pictures from yesterday...

The wheel in question:

_DSC0007.jpg

It just wont do... way too dirty! Lets take it apart and clean it up...

_DSC0014.jpg

_DSC0015.jpg

Now lets add some grease and new drive rubbers (old ones were in decent shape although a little soft and worn, but while i was in there I just did it since I had already ordered them).

_DSC0017.jpg

All that I need are some new chain tensioners and the chain+sprocket should be replaced eventually as the sprocket was showing signs of wear (saw toothing).

Soon to come... refurbishing this!

_DSC0008.jpg

Here is your kick start shift I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all 50cc honda motors used the same parts.

http://www.dratv.com/kickshaft.html

Also, dratv will have lots of other stuff you need and can't get on ebay, without the crazy shipping costs!

I take it you have the shop manual? If not I can dropbox it to you.

Re: 1965* Honda C100 Cub (Absorbing the Bumps)

Hey BC... It's different unfortunately...

Luckily, I just came across one today, NOS, for 50 dollars shipped on ebay. So I sprung and got this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270997666948#ht_4510wt_1348

I don't have a downloaded copy (haven't found one yet unfortunately, and it's a pain to keep going to the yahoo group to see pictures of anything). I would love if you could PM me a link to it. Thanks!

Screenshot2012-07-09at51004PM.png

Mmm.... goooddd.. I now have all the parts I need to finish this restoration.

Most all of the parts are in. Just waiting on some clutch plates for the motor rebuild and a few other knick nacks.

Pictures of the Old vs New parts will be coming soon.

Took most parts off the bike now, just have to drop the motor and its ready to be stripped. Spent the last 4 hours covered in brake fluid while removing 99 percent of the old paint from the fender and fork guard. I will use some aircraft stripper on the frame this week, and then have it painted by the end of next week, and assembled in short order. Everything is moving at lightspeed with this build compared to my cb350.

Make sure you use anti rust on the seam between mudguard and 'frame and also 'inside' top shock mounts, they are known to rot in those areas as wll as the fork area I mentioned earlier

crazypj said:
Make sure you use anti rust on the seam between mudguard and 'frame and also 'inside' top shock mounts, they are known to rot in those areas as wll as the fork area I mentioned earlier

definitely will. I'll spray the entire inside with frame-saver when it's done.

1965* Honda C100 Cub (Absorbing the Bumps)

Good advice from PJ. I hit mine with undercoat before I painted it. Turned out really nice.

Very nicely done mate.

Two things - try and find a pre-compiled bolt kit. It was the best thing I did when it cam to reassembly time. Nothing worse than trying to get rusty old screws/bolts back it. And it was the bike look soooo much nicer when completed.
Also, if you havent already - check out C90Club.co.uk. Its an absolute wealth of info from the Poms on these things.

Already have a stainless bolt kit and gasket set. waiting on clutch plates and other stuff. Motor will get a full rebuild, cleaned, with new seals installed. clutch was slipping a bit in first and second so i'd like to freshen everything up while I am in there.

c90club.co.uk is a great resource, but the reality is that most of the info is for later bikes, and the only help I'd really need is in finding rarer parts. The bike is so simple I don't really need much more than a shop manual. hehe.

some stuck bolts are holding me back a bit, and I can't seem to find my impact driver. Painting next week!

Boo is the guy you want to get hold of. He rides a C100 himself and is a walking encyclopaedia of Cubs.

Also, for some inspiration, go look for the supercub group on flickr

Lurchorama said:
Boo is the guy you want to get hold of. He rides a C100 himself and is a walking encyclopaedia of Cubs.

Also, for some inspiration, go look for the supercub group on flickr

done! added you as a contact as well

Out with the old, in with the new... old?

_DSC0001.jpg

_DSC0002.jpg

_DSC0004.jpg

_DSC0005.jpg

Motor out, everything just needs to be stripped and painted!!

_DSC0007.jpg

_DSC0008.jpg

_DSC0010.jpg

You want to take the plastic plugs out of swing arm cross brace tube and clean them separately
Oh, and the plugs on fork legs, be real careful though they break easy

Back
Top Bottom