1973 CB350G Canadian Noob Build (Gotta start somewhere!)

YEAH !! AWESOME Tony so glad you got to the bottom of the spark problem bet your still grinning from ear to ear ime stoked for you mate no other feeling like it when your project barks into life for the first time ,that's down to you so sit back and down a beer and feel proud !

I got to say I spent the weekend reading your thread and really enjoyed the detailed vids! You have a great looking and from what I hear performing bike. I live north of TO and can show you some great local roads and would love to check out your bike....I'll have to get my mom's 350 I restored out and get some pics.

Shawn

yorkie350 said:
YEAH !! AWESOME Tony so glad you got to the bottom of the spark problem bet your still grinning from ear to ear ime stoked for you mate no other feeling like it when your project barks into life for the first time ,that's down to you so sit back and down a beer and feel proud !

Cheers bud! Ya I was losing my shit lol.. Such a great feeling and finally a bit of luck. Charlie's Place ignition showed up last wk so I installed that into the engine over the wknd. Ran out of time so I had to leave the garage.. was super frustrating. I was literally just setting up the fuel lines and had to stop everything and go! Heading back this wknd to finish off the tuning and take her out for a good test run... can barely contain myself.

SF said:
I got to say I spent the weekend reading your thread and really enjoyed the detailed vids! You have a great looking and from what I hear performing bike. I live north of TO and can show you some great local roads and would love to check out your bike....I'll have to get my mom's 350 I restored out and get some pics.

Shawn

Hey Shawn, thanks for the kind words and your interest in the project. I am very very interested in these roads you speak of! I'm going to PM you my contact info and we'll set up some exploring in the spring bud.

Talk soon!

This is awesome! Sounds great, glad to see/hear it running! Can't wait to see the seat/tank setup too. However, it does make me feel bad about the fact that my 350 has been sitting in boxes for the last two and a half years :eek:

Nice one Tony! Glad its had its first post rebuild start up! Sounds lovely with the 2-1! :)

Green199 said:
Nice one Tony! Glad its had its first post rebuild start up! Sounds lovely with the 2-1! :)

Cheers bud!

CALfeRacer said:
This is awesome! Sounds great, glad to see/hear it running! Can't wait to see the seat/tank setup too. However, it does make me feel bad about the fact that my 350 has been sitting in boxes for the last two and a half years :eek:

haha hopefully my next post will inspire you to get back into the garage!

Here's the tank & seat reveal, I hope you guys like it. Happy Friday!

Enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLjXdqKm18A

more pics to come, just got to edit them.

Wow!! Looks great! love the stripes on the tank, might have to borrow that idea ;)

I've been out in the garage working on stuff, but between school and the lack of money to do what I really want to with the 350 it just sits at the back of the list and collects dust. The 350 is what got me into cafe racers and customs in the first place back in high school, so I really want to do it justice with a proper budget and top quality parts so it turns out just how I want it. I've had it mostly planned out the last two years, just need to graduate and get a job so it can become a reality :eek:

Pretty high level build for a "noob". Great work man would love to check it out if i ever venture that far east!

Very tasteful styling man. Just the right balance of colour/detail without being 'too much'. I have loved following from afar, mostly interested/impressed with the engine rebuild and modifications.

You gonna dyno run it? Would be a shame not to tune it to optimal with all that work into it. You will pick up a lot of extra power than if you just did it by the seat of the pants ;) Also very curious to see what kind of gains you get with all those sweet go fast bits ;D

Thanks for the kind words all! Really didn't know what to expect when it came to other peoples reactions, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's funny when you have an idea in your own head for so long without being able to show others you begin to wonder how it will be received.

Anyway, thanks again!

Here's a few pics I took of the bike on the street.. The Autumn colours were a blessing in disguise!

More to come but these will do for those who might not want to sit through the video.

What's next for the bike is that I still need to tune these carbs and mount the tachometer on the top triple clamp. I was able to find a bracket straight from motogadget and it was very reasonable and shipped all the way from Germany in about 3 or 4 days! Pics to come on that also.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• _MG_8641edit.jpg
    _MG_8641edit.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 304
  • _MG_8649edit.jpg
    _MG_8649edit.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 289
  • _MG_8665edit.jpg
    _MG_8665edit.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 304
  • _MG_8666edit.jpg
    _MG_8666edit.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 299
Man that came together nicely! Well done
It will be nice to see you out riding that bad boy come the spring

Totally wicked Tony ,she's a stunner gotta be up there for BOTM i've got the nom ready bud ,get her tuned and ride while the weather's kind "IRIS gonna steal some hearts " ride safe ride proud bro

it looks great very clean nice paint
a couple issues that i see ,strictly functional,is the rear brake will never work well directly linked like that
and the seat pan will hit the tire as will the lower corner of the box
you may never have that issue because those koni's look oversprung, the rear suspension is very stiff eh ?

xb33bsa said:
it looks great very clean nice paint
a couple issues that i see ,strictly functional,is the rear brake will never work well directly linked like that
and the seat pan will hit the tire as will the lower corner of the box
you may never have that issue because those koni's look oversprung, the rear suspension is very stiff eh ?
Thanks man! Actually I was very careful when I designed the battery box and believe it or not the wheel will never hit the corner of that box.. I made extra sure of that! As for the shocks, they are custom made to my specific measurements. I made sure the minimum travel was less than the total distance of when the rear wheel will make contact with the seat pan. As for the stiffness, no actually they are quite plush and comfortable! They're 'dial a ride' shocks so if I need to up the stiffness for those sweet northern Ontario roads I can do so.. right now they are sitting at the softest setting.

As for the rear brake it 'seems' to work just fine at the moment but when I first installed them I felt the stutter like everyone else. For some reason I am not getting that stutter anymore! I can't explain it. Perhaps I had the rear sets installed improperly before. Either way, I plan on modifying the stock rear brake arm over the winter. Thank you for the heads up though.

Back
Top Bottom