Carb spacing for 360 and 350F

shaggycb750c

Hey fellow 'ton members. I've got a little project going on that has some CAD work ahead of me, and while I'm currently not anywhere near my bike, or my carbs, I'd like to get a little work done. I'm sitting in a gig as an audio tech, and I have my computer and about an hour or two to kill. What I need from you guys is the measurements of the carbs. I'm looking to try and adapt a set of CB360 carbs onto my little CB350F. So with that being said, the important parts are the outlet and inlet sizes of the carbs, and spacing between the throats. Thank you guys very much!

That's not a very good idea. The 360 carbs will be about twice as large as you'll need.

Are you using 2 CB360 carbs instead of 4 CB350F carbs?

Over-carbureting the engine does not add performance or reliability or driveability.

Personally I wouldn't put 360 carbs on anything...not even a 360! :D Now, having said that, you've got me curious, just what are you planning on? Could be an interesting mod.

Well I don't intend on putting two sets of 360 carbs on my engine, just a single pair. Two sets would not fit in the frame, and would be double the fuel that the engine needs. I've gone through two sets of CB350F carbs and both sets have been beyond what I would like to repair. So in turn, I've got a set of good working CB360T carbs that I'd like to mount up to my engine. They fit perfectly in between the frame

shaggycb750c said:
...and would be double the fuel that the engine needs

That's not how that works.

Are you missing the 350F carbs? Any reason for the change to two carbs? This wouldn't be an upgrade.

Not really looking at it in terms of an upgrade. I'm looking at it more as a challenge... A time to practice and better my CAD skills, as well as just to try something new. I've seen plenty of people around do a 4 to 2 conversion, and necessity is the mother of invention. For those still in this, I finally got the dimensions...
CB350F CB360
Inlet dia 35.0mm 50.4mm
Outlet dia 27.7mm 40.8mm
Spacing 66.9mm 105-114.6

As for the spacing on the 360 set, I was an idiot and forgot what I was doing and just measured the difference between the either inlet or outlet, I don't remember. So... let's see where this takes me.

shaggycb750c said:
Not really looking at it in terms of an upgrade. I'm looking at it more as a challenge... A time to practice and better my CAD skills, as well as just to try something new. I've seen plenty of people around do a 4 to 2 conversion, and necessity is the mother of invention. For those still in this, I finally got the dimensions...
CB350F CB360
Inlet dia 35.0mm 50.4mm
Outlet dia 27.7mm 40.8mm
Spacing 66.9mm 105-114.6

As for the spacing on the 360 set, I was an idiot and forgot what I was doing and just measured the difference between the either inlet or outlet, I don't remember. So... let's see where this takes me.

I dunno, I suppose depends on your definition of 'upgrade'...simplified tuning, once the system is all set up and running properly could be considered an upgrade in some ways, even if it did result in the cost of a little bit of top end power. I think the job might be worth doing, as you say, just for the sake of the challenge.

I guess it depends on what you mean by simplified tuning, too. Less to mess with? Sure. But you also lose the ability to tune each cylinder. Also, if the manifold isn't providing the appropriate amount of air and fuel to each cylinder, no "tuning" in the world is going to fix that.

Agreed, but wouldn't getting the design of the manifold right in the first place be the main point of the whole exercise? I know the whole idea is kind of wacky, but I still like the thought of challenging ones abilities as a CAD designer and trying something different. Show us what you can do Shaggy...ya got me hooked!

Haha, thanks for the inspiration! I'll get on it shortly! The diameters that I used were outside, so that I'd be able to use hose clamps and silicon tubing to connect the manifold/carbs.,

OK, I'm the 360 carb 'expert' and I have no idea what you would need to do to make them work on a 350F.
If you want 2 carbs to play with instead of 4, get some that you have a chance of working with. Pair of Mikuni CV will be much easier to get working, get a pair off early GSXR just be sure to use the pair with the throttle mounts ;D

Back
Top Bottom