1982 gs450 cafe build, changed CDI now backfiring through left carb and stalling

weaponhead1982

Ok. So I I did the valve cover gasket and started the bike. Blew the RR and that blew the cdi. So I replaced the cdi. Now I'm getting spark to both cylinders but I'm backfiring hard through the left side carb. The same side I had no spark to. Haaaaalp!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 203
Not much to go on. Has this been running before you did the work? No air filter and shorty exhaust is a recipe for a very lean running condition...unless you already have it sorted out.
Having said that, the first thing I would check is the wiring, make sure you have nothing backward...if that seems alright it could be a carb issue.

installed the new cdi, fixed the problem, had it running on both side for 3 min then blew the fuse. now i pop a 30amp fuse every time i turn the key!!! fuck my life... any ideas???

Gotta be a full earth somewhere...unplug everything you can and one by one start plugging back in, that should help you find the culprit.

okay... so. got my wiring sorted. now i am still having the backfire through the left carb. it was running fine last year before the bike was rebuilt. i jetted it with a sigma kit, replaced diaphragm, rebuild the carbs, and even swapped out the pickups because they were getting warn. IM STILL BACKFIRING!!! this is driving me crazy. for some reason i feel it the timing but i thought you couldn't fuck with the timing on these bikes... someone please help...

Back
Top Bottom