Vintage Motorcycle Racing

phrige

I'm a pig, I'm A dog so exuse me if I drool.
I was wondering is there any vintage bike racing leagues? I was searching google didnt see much come up other than a few events. Anyone follow or take part in anything?

phrige said:
I was wondering is there any vintage bike racing leagues? I was searching google didnt see much come up other than a few events. Anyone follow or take part in anything?

where are you located?...
There the VRRA here in Canada...

New Jersey. How do you like the VRRA? end up going to any races or following it?

Have you looked at AHRMA?

Here's their list of road racing classes:
Class
  • 500 Premier: 500cc four-stroke OHV and OHC, or 750cc sidevalve machines built before the end of 1968.
  • 500 Grand Prix: 500 Premier bikes with the additional restrictions of 285 lbs. dry, stock stroke and gear boxes restricted to 4 speeds.
  • 350 Grand Prix: 350cc four-stroke machines; 350cc air-cooled, single-cylinder, two-strokes with no more than five speeds; 250cc two-stroke water-cooled singles; 250cc twin-cylinder air-cooled two-strokes with no more than six speeds. Machines must have been built before Dec. 31, 1968.
  • 250 Grand Prix: 250cc four-stroke machines; 250cc air-cooled, maximum five-speed, single-cylinder two-strokes; 175cc two-stroke water-cooled singles; 175cc air-cooled, twin-cylinder, two-stroke machines with no more than six speeds. Machines must have been built before Dec. 31, 1968.
  • 200 Grand Prix: This class combines a variety of engine designs and displacements between 125cc and 250cc, based on an index of performance.
  • Formula 750: Works 750cc four-stroke machines, including accurate replicas of Formula 750 machines of the early 1970s. Also includes machines not eligible for Sportsman 750.
  • Formula 500: Two-stroke and certain four-stroke machines up to 500cc grouped on an index-of-performance basis, with a Dec. 31, 1972, cutoff.
  • Formula 250: Two-stroke air-cooled machines, including singes up to 360cc and twins up to 250cc, with a Dec. 31, 1972, cutoff.
  • Formula 125: Certain machines up to 125cc, with a Dec. 31, 1972, cutoff.
  • Formula Vintage: Open to machines from 500 Premier, F-750, Formula 500 and Sportsman 750.
  • BEARS®: Certain two-cylinder machines built up through 1968 and competing under Formula 750 specifications.
  • Class C: Intended for AMA "Class C" machines up to and including those manufactured December 31, 1951, as a ‘51 model.
  • Class C Handshift is a championship class run together with but scored separately from Class C.
  • Pre-1940 Grand Prix: 1940 and earlier Grand Prix or modified street machines, including 500cc single-cylinder OHV and OHC and 750cc sidevalve machines.
  • Classic Sixties: A class for 1960 and earlier (or like model) Grand Prix/Clubman 500cc four-stroke OHV and OHC machines, or 750cc sidevalve, in basically standard form. Plus 350cc OHV and OHC. Classic Sixties 650 is open to British and European OHC 650cc machines of the period and the Harley-Davidson KH.
  • Sportsman: Four-stroke, maximum three-cylinder street bike-based machines, divided into 350cc, 500cc and 750cc classes. The cutoff is Dec. 31, 1972.
  • Novice Historic Production 1972 and earlier production street machines with the standard OEM frame, swingarm, forks and handlebar mounts. Engines use the original OEM bore and stroke. Classes are Lightweight (four-strokes up to 500cc, 250cc two-strokes and certain 350cc two-strokes) and Heavyweight (four-strokes up to 750cc and 350-500cc two-strokes).
  • Sidecar: 750cc four-stroke, twin-cylinder, or 500cc two-stroke, air-cooled, twin-cylinder powerplants. Rules available from the AHRMA national office.
  • Vintage Superbike. AHRMA's newest roadrace category includes three classes for motorcycles built up to the 1982 model year and originally manufactured as street machines. Motorcycles are to be as close to "production" appearance as possible. Classes are Heavyweight (unlimited displacement twins and pushrod triples, and displacement-limited fours and sixes), Middleweight (unlimited displacement singles, with limited pushrod twins, OHC twins, pushrod triples and OHC fours) and Lightweight (singles, twins and multis using performance indexes for smaller bikes).

CCS used to run vintage in Florida but I haven't checked in a few years (since I stopped building motors and pit crew for friend)

PJ

AHRMA completely slipped my mind. I knew i read about this type of thing exsisting before, but completely forgot the name.

Uscra Seems pretty interesting too since its right around my neck of the woods, WERA I may need to travel a bit, still seems worth checking out. perfect way to double dip on a trip / vacation.

Thanks, I cant wait to look into all these.

i live like an hour and a half from loudon :) i know some people that did it last year and id like to do it sometime soon.

Yea its seems like a really fun thing to get into. With little experience in racing, i'd have to start in one of the smaller displacement classes. But really itd be in good fun all the way through. And itd be a good excuse to spend more time and money on motorcycles ;)

Back
Top Bottom