Do the Ton - CAFE RACERS What's in a name ?

Sounds great. I was only just watching 12HP Briggs with supercharger a week ago.

An all alloy frame would do the trick with that engine.

Brodie said:
Turbo Briggs LSR in the near future then Tune?

Maybe so Brodie. Wonder if I could build most of the chassis from used Ti exhaust tubes and fasteners, I seem to find them all the time for pennies on the dollar and I have a source for drops of Ti plate with the same deal. The shell can be carbon fiber just enough to cut wind, brakes from my mountain bike, wheels from two old BMX bikes.... hmmmm!

Has to be a formula for design I can dig up. I may go 2.5 hp 1HP per pound of man in the machine haha!

This: only much lighter with computerized rudder and ailerons to hold a gps course and precise downforce for drag "auto pilot for speed"

1deb9933100fdba539f5931da2b619de.jpg

No new idea here, seems GM has it already, so I just need to do it for less... I could try to be the fastest 2.5hp car built for under ??$$

GM%20SO%20CAL%20Belly%20Tank%20factory%201.jpg

Glass tank replicas are available. Carbon fiber still sounds like a lot of money to me. This one was built way back in the 60s with a 50 cc Garelli I believe.

Hoofhearted said:
Glass tank replicas are available. Carbon fiber still sounds like a lot of money to me. This one was built way back in the 60s with a 50 cc Garelli I believe.

The materials are relatively cheap: resin is pricey i suppose, but building a plug that big with little to no skills is a challenge for sure. I guess some big blocks of Styrofoam and a jig to shape it, but then what. Lots to learn to get the shell made, I can figure the mechanical side just not much of a body man.

Attachments

• carbon fiber roll.JPG
    carbon fiber roll.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 233
Having been involved in the speciality car business most of my working life, I found it far easier to take a shape and modify it than start absolutely from scratch.

You just need something that has a similar shape to that you want - in my day that would be Cobra, Porsche and Jag bodies ! That approach works well for bike panels as much as anything else.

Lots of possibilities - Downhill toboggans, sidecar tubs, land yatchs, one man kayaky things.

All of the foregoing has added fuel as to the validity of the original quote from the unamed author.........................

I rest my case.

Oh beach the "downhill" sled is an absolute perfect idea honestly!! Those must be light as a feather and likely needs little modification with no apex on the salt.

Thanks for that nugget!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know what the price of foam is where you are but when I wanted to build a nose for my sidecar I went to a local glass shop and nearly keeled over at the price of foam, I made the plugs out of whatever I had to had. Bits of plywood, corrugated paper, drywall mud etc. I made plugs but never took a female from them. Just made from the plug. They were going to be one offs so why make a female?

I agree, but would need two halves for a tank so two off. I like the Bobsled idea if I can find one.

Two halves of the one mold and you're in business. Have a look at classglassperformance.com Interesting stuff there.

Forget tanks and LSR. We need one of these!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/Silodrome/videos/1041844892550788/

Hoofhearted said:
Forget tanks and LSR. We need one of these!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/Silodrome/videos/1041844892550788/

now thats just awesome! Balls of steel for being in a mini catapult an inch off the ground

Thinking I should streamline my 150cc and run fuel class after all this. Ran 82.271 mph on gas. It might be a new bike but it is a cg pushrod motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orrible-64 said:
Thinking I should streamline my 150cc and run fuel class after all this. Ran 82.271 mph on gas. It might be a new bike but it is a cg pushrod motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SCTA doesn't have a 150cc class. You'd have to run in the 175cc class. The good news is 82 mph is good for a few records. If your bike is pure production (production rules are tight) then you are 20 mph faster than the record. If you have any changes you would be in modified and you are 10 mph faster in that class. You really need to come to Bonneville. You could go home with a fistful of records.

I've driven a few superkarts, never on street based road courses though. They are quite amazing and truly scary.

Back
Top Bottom