drop seat kz

I ask simply because my next project will probably have a higher end springer or girder(sp)

Springers are one area where it NEVER pays to skimp. Buy the absolute best one you can find. Reputable American made pieces only. The number of horror stories out there regarding cheap springers breaking or bending at speed will keep you up at night. One of these days I'd really like to find an original WL springer out there. Prices are ridiculous though.

Yeah and I have read a lot about buying high end springers. Wish I knew that before I bought the dna but I haven't noticed anything bad yet so I'll have to stick with it . If it starts giving me trouble then I will save and buy a better one . For now the dna looks good and will have to do . Who knows, maybe I will have the guy doing my hardtail sandblast the springer and inspect/ reweld anything that doesn't look structurally sound.

Thanks for all the info though , I do appreciate people caring about my life . 8)
Just goes to show respect from one rider to another .

Yeah I saw that a couple times before . It does make dna seem very sketchy. I'm sure they did have some problems and if you look at when the pictures were reposted it says 2012. That's the repost which makes that springer Nd break even older than that . Hopefully they worked out the bugs so to speak but I'm not going to jump onto the hater wagon just yet . Gotta get my personal experience with it first.

If anything seeing those pictures makes me want to just put some cap welds on the leg welds. Judging from where it broke and how they broke I would probably say the undercut on the inside welds caused them to break . I say this because it does look like they went alittle hotter on the welds. We shall C lol

Unless you are a wheelie junkie, you should be fine. Just something else to keep a close eye on.

canyoncarver said:
Unless you are a wheelie junkie, you should be fine. Just something else to keep a close eye on.

That's hilarious. My kz750 has 14:32 sprockets so I doubt I will be able to pull a wheelie given the gearing is so tall. I like to cruise and be a kool kid 8)

Update . Voodoo hardtail fitted up .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    632.9 KB · Views: 243
Orginal tank wouldn't work :/ too big . sooooo I bought this :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 772
That's all I have for now . I'm not the one welding it on . Having a guy with a lot of experience do it. I'll post more photos if I get any , as of right now it's probably being blasted for welding

Another update. So I guess my front end was too long . About 8 inches too long . So I told the expert to Rake away to get it level ! Lol . When it's done I will probably have a chopper ! Ha. Here's the frame with the front end before it gets raked .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 253
I thought 4" over wouldn't be that bad and it wasn't at first. Then the hardtail goes on which drops the from more. So I should have used a 2 under rather than 4 over but hey I'm not complaining. You get to see what a 4"over on a kz750 twin looks like ;D

Back
Top Bottom