'77 GS750B, "Hahn" Tankenstine.

Re: '77 GS750B, "Hahn" Tankenstine.

Brodie said:
I am looking at using the POR15 sealer, has anyone had bad experiences with this product?
Check out Caswell, too. They both seem to have their fans.

So from what I read POR15 sealer reacts to oxygen to cure, where as Caswell is a 2 part.

It looks like my best bet for a sealer would be the Caswell, for now I will treat the inside of the tank to a heap of apple cider vinegar and then see if one of the boilermakers at work can braise the pin hole.

Just took the rims down to get some tyres, ohh and to get trued.

365 for tubes, rim tape, and pirelli sport demons.
Then there is the labour ontop for trueing, looking pritty good so far.

The tank looks great so far! Were you thinking about filling that little indent around the filler nozzle? I have been racking my brain on a way to do it without welding.

Not sure Mac, I am tossing up between buying the rest of the parts for the tank or replacing it with a Monza style cap.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414543706180.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1414543706180.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 256

Nah mate, propane is great in theory but generally not a practical option, unless you're going with the turbine option, which is also impractical but mad!

Redliner said:
Nah mate, propane is great in theory but generally not a practical option, unless you're going with the turbine option, which is also impractical but mad!

I tried to convert it to gas. But it didn't turn out so well. Worked well in theory though.

On a more serious note, my bike stand/painting bench/shop seat is full of boat parts at the moment. Might have to get a few more from work...

deviant said:
Did you get the tank braised up?
Not yet. I have been waiting for the right fitter to be on the night shift at the same time I am. Lucky for me that is tonight and tomorrow night. I just finished cleaning the hole, only to find two more just about to wear through, after a slight push on them with a stainless probe they pushed through. All 3 are about 2mm wide.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414545306112.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1414545306112.JPG
    614.6 KB · Views: 290
I'm always late to the party. I dig your bike Brodie.

I have a GS1000 in my barn for one day.

Thanks mate. Don't worry this party will be going for a while yet. Still waiting for a bloke at work to fix those pin holes.

Well I am back from a long hiatus. Good to see you are still at it. Rims look boss Brodie. So do those forks.

I just finished my Bar exams here in Canada, so I should start making a bit more coin soon.

Really looking forward to seeing more progress on your bike.

Not much to update.

No wait... I got the holes fixed in the tank. Looks great, you can hardly notice.

I am at a stand still with my builds at the moment. I have no workshop and my bikes are stored a distance away from where I live.
That should all change in the next month or so though.

This bike makes me cringe now. I just don't know what to do with it. As much as I want to finish it, it is just not the bike for me.

Also I want to use those sexy wheels on my BSA!

Too many projects and not enough spare cash make Brodie go something something.....

*end rant*

Part it out. Move it on. You arent obliged to finish it. Do what you enjoy, not what nags at you.

Yep. That is what I am thinking. It is sitting in the back of the shed at the moment. The wheels I will keep but the rest can go.

Anyone want GS parts?

Back
Top Bottom