My 1974 CB360 Brat, eh..

m511y said:
She is looking great. I love the lines and the tank. Doesn't look like you sanded it by hand. Did you use a flap wheel to get it so shiny?

Flap discs are your friend, it's still pretty rough though so it will need some hand sanding as well.

plagrone said:
EXPLAIN YOSELF

what's going on here

Varsol tank, it's not submerged, its actually sitting on something. I just took a brush and removed most of the grime with the varsol. After that, lots of wire wheel and hand sanding to get it cleaned up.

Small detail checked off, cylinders painted gloss black.
uha5a9yr.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally, parts are here!
asady9ab.jpg

And the best part
y6e8y3ys.jpg

Now I gotta find time to work on it some more.

Holy cow that was quick, you're putting a lot of people on here to shame, including me! Pretty decent shop you've got to work in too, is it a shared workshop, or a commercial one?

Keep it up!

ManxieRacer said:
Holy cow that was quick, you're putting a lot of people on here to shame, including me! Pretty decent shop you've got to work in too, is it a shared workshop, or a commercial one?

Keep it up!

Thanks! The only reason I have momentum is because theres still snow on the ground up here.... As for the shop I'm lucky enough to have a buddy who builds oil and gas pumps and doesn't mind me keeping my stuff there, as well as help out. Then again he has a few bikes there too and as soon as my project is done we'll be moving on to one of his.

I keep eyeing up the lathe on the side... what could I build.... hmmmmm

Could you describe your painting process/what paints you used?

I just painted my frame and I'm curious

plagrone said:
Could you describe your painting process/what paints you used?

I just painted my frame and I'm curious

Pretty much everything was sand blasted to get it nice and clean. Wiped everything with thinner to get it ready. After that my buddy primed and painted it with some Rustoleum while he was spraying oil field equipment.

With running a drum brake up front I know I could run the CB175 brake cable with the inline switch, is there other options? or any disadvantages to running the CB175 cable?

Sonreir said:
The inline switch sucks. Works some of the time and only then if you're lucky.

So really the best thing to do is drill the lever and install a switch. Probably one of these - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Front-Brake-Light-Stop-Switch-CB100-CB125-CB125S-CB175-CB350-/190716987842 or http://www.dx.com/p/motorcycle-front-square-big-round-small-round-brake-light-switches-black-3-pcs-158600

So I have some questions about running these Shorai batteries....

I'm leaning more and more towards going with LFX09A2-BS12, mainly because of the size and 9ah is enough for the 360. Now I know Sonreir has mentioned in other posts about upgrading the regulator and rectifier, which I will be as I picked up the Rickmotorsports one off of a buddy here.

So really what else do I need to worry about?

One of the nice things about LI-ION is that their charge decays very slowly. About 15% per year when the battery is in storage. The downside is that the battery is toast if the voltage drops too low (damage under 10V and dead under 9V). So if you have anything with ANY drain on the battery, keep it on a float charger. Make sure your charger specifies that it is compliant with LI-ION batteries. Many are not.

Sonreir said:
One of the nice things about LI-ION is that their charge decays very slowly. About 15% per year when the battery is in storage. The downside is that the battery is toast if the voltage drops too low (damage under 10V and dead under 9V). So if you have anything with ANY drain on the battery, keep it on a float charger. Make sure your charger specifies that it is compliant with LI-ION batteries. Many are not.

What about the stator?

The stator provides power output. Aftermarket stator can usually provide an extra 40W or so. You can upgrade it if you want, but it's not generally a part that's replaced "just because". Figure out out much wattage your bike needs and if it's more than your stock stator can provide, then seek out the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom