Largest tyre on rear of Suzuki gn250?

Short answer: The one that the highly trained engineers at Suzuki put on it.

Slightly longer answer: That depends on a few things. What size is the wheel? What kind of swinger/chain/etc clearance is there?

Hey! I just saw your question. Do you have any updates yet? Or did your try :eek:? Cause I really would like to know for future projects... Also, I found this! I already got some ideas for my Suzuki GN 250 Cafe Racer https://suzukign.com

The real question is what kind of budget do you have? Put a 340 wide with a single sided swinger if you fancy it and have the scratch to spend.

The OEM tire size that Suzuki put on the bikes new is generally the largest acceptable fit for that rim. If you know the inside width of the rim, you can look on the tire manufacturers specification charts for most recommended rim width fitment and one size up and one size down from that that are considered acceptable rims for their tire size. going any bigger will cause it not to corner well as you lean over, give you less straight line traction and make it flop over not so smoothly corners. As well as making it slower because you are changing the gear ratio for less acceleration and taking away more horsepower by adding extra rotational weight. Going there for aesthetic reasons basically hurts the cornering ability and the power output of the bike.

The only time I have seen a larger tire able to be fit over the stock size would be on some Suzuki rears, Bridgestone and Shinko rate their 120/90-18's to fit minimum 2.15 rim widths. And GS1150's with 3.50 rears can run a 140/70 where I believe a 130 was stock.

Back
Top Bottom