The Travelling Gremlen Bell! In Kentucky getting Rusty.

Basement rat

Over 1,000 Posts
I have seen the Traveling pants movie with my SO (don't judge me) and I got an idea today. What if we did something like that? Off the bat I thought clothes were out completely, I aint wearing anything any of you jokers have worn and I figure whoever got whatever it is after Go! it would "get lost in the mail". Then I thought how about a bike part? Naaa our machines are so different from each other and that's not such a good idea. Then I thought about tools... Wrenches are out, some of ride metric and others don't... then I got it... A HAMMER!

Everyone can use a hammer for any job. Ive used one of mine to hold my fork lowers for painting, Ive used them for prying stuff and above all else hitting things. One of the most useful tools out there.

So, what if I bought a ball pean hammer, used it for a week or two, took a picture of it being used, sign and date a log book for it and then sent it to the next user. It could get all around the world and back!

Probably best sent COD to keep shipping costs down and have it work its way from there.

What say ye? Yea or Nea?

Re: The Travelling Hammer!

Basement rat said:
I have seen the Traveling pants movie with my SO (don't judge me) and I got an idea today. What if we did something like that? Off the bat I thought clothes were out completely, I aint wearing anything any of you jokers have worn and I figure whoever got whatever it is after Go! it would "get lost in the mail". Then I thought how about a bike part? Naaa our machines are so different from each other and that's not such a good idea. Then I thought about tools... Wrenches are out, some of ride metric and others don't... then I got it... A HAMMER!

Everyone can use a hammer for any job. Ive used one of mine to hold my fork lowers for painting, Ive used them for prying stuff and above all else hitting things. One of the most useful tools out there.

So, what if I bought a ball pean hammer, used it for a week or two, took a picture of it being used, sign and date a log book for it and then sent it to the next user. It could get all around the world and back!

Probably best sent COD to keep shipping costs down and have it work its way from there.

What say ye? Yea or Nea?

if its stateside we could do the USPS if it fits it ships, shouldnt be more then 5-10 dollars a person to ship

Basement rat said:
ff the bat I thought clothes were out completely, I aint wearing anything any of you jokers have worn and I figure whoever got whatever it is after Go! it would "get lost in the mail".

HA HA HA

pretty cool idea!!! but still, i'm judging you for sitting through that movie ;)

I can honestly say that I've never seen that movie.
But then again, when I found out that Clint Eastwood didn't blow up the damn bridge in Madison County, I refused to watch it too.

Well, I can compromise after things like a week of spray painting my snowmobile hood in my basement followed by my house smelling like spray paint for two weeks after... Its a give and take relationship.

The bad news... I'm heading for Toronto tomorrow... I'm going to be gone for a month and wont be able to start the journey until I get back. Anyone else care to start it?

We can also post the tracking numbers for all to see and follow.

rather than a hammer,what about a "gremlin bell". Get one ,use it on your bike,document, send it off, etc. By the time that little bell gets back to u it will have scared off most of the gremlins in the world and Lord knows we could use some help there. In fact, Ive got a spare I could donate to the cause.????BJ

i got a good luck charm thats kind of like a gremlin/dragon face... never did me wrong and would be crazy cheap to ship to each other.

hocbj23 said:
rather than a hammer,what about a "gremlin bell". Get one ,use it on your bike,document, send it off, etc. By the time that little bell gets back to u it will have scared off most of the gremlins in the world and Lord knows we could use some help there. In fact, Ive got a spare I could donate to the cause.????BJ

could do a bell exchange with members or something, since you aren't really suppose to buy them for yourself

A bell could work, document how many bike miles/ km it has within time period and send off. easier to mail too.

Ive got a genuine Bhuddist temple bell on my bike now>It has been there since the bike was completed and put on the road.I know how many miles are on it.Would bw glad to ship to the thread originator and he can start the process. someone needs to let me know and we can get the ball-er bell rolling, or tinkling or whatever.lol.bj

I'mma be doing my first long distance ride soon, so might need a bell and all the good mojo I can get :p (haven't gone over 100 miles yet and will be driving 900 soon) so put me in line for it

Re: The Travelling Gremlen Bell!

Saki: PM me an addy and I will shoot the bell off to u with my compliments.When u get back safe from ur trip,send it along with your good wishes to the next Tonner who wants it and so forth.We will see where the little bell goes and how many miles it logs.should be interesting.bj

dwcp: Sorry, I missed your post meaning.Good one,but no not a temple gong,just a wee tiny bell.BJ

hocbj23 said:
Saki: PM me an addy and I will shoot the bell off to u with my compliments.When u get back safe from ur trip,send it along with your good wishes to the next Tonner who wants it and so forth.We will see where the little bell goes and how many miles it logs.should be interesting.bj

let me get an exact date for it first, trip is still in the works

Ha, that's good too. But I was just a little late to the game. I was riffing on the travelling hammer and Nario's cave man tools. He used a log wrapped in leather instead of a hammer to make knee dents on his tank. I got a kick out of that and imagined the travelling hammer being something similar.

Just my dorky sense of humor.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom