What did you build this week?

I started on the jigsaw puzzle from Hell...
IMG_1367_zpsqtrnuhtm.jpg

And the new shop supervisor wasn't any help...
FullSizeRender_zpsjtsrn1nl.jpg

Fortunately for me, I have reinforcements on the way.
I'll keep ya posted ;)

Redbird said:
I started on the jigsaw puzzle from Hell...
IMG_1367_zpsqtrnuhtm.jpg

And the new shop supervisor wasn't any help...
FullSizeRender_zpsjtsrn1nl.jpg

Fortunately for me, I have reinforcements on the way.
I'll keep ya posted ;)

Ah the wonderful feeling of hatred for your former self for saying "I'll get to this quick, I'll remember what goes where".

To be honest Crabs, I winged it. I was going for practicality over aesthetics - cheddar always leaves my best laid plans in tatters

SONIC. said:
Ah the wonderful feeling of hatred for your former self for saying "I'll get to this quick, I'll remember what goes where".
clem said:
Unfortunately for Chris he bought a true basket case but those zip lock bags do look familiar. That's a start right?

Yea, I wasn't the one who disassembled it. Corey was.
That's where I'm stuck. I know where the bulk parts go, but I'm unsure of where washers/clips/bolts/etc are supposed to go. But a bribe of a few beers and a couple of slices of pizza are gonna get Humpty Hump back together again :p

Fortunately those RD motors are so simple and parts books diagrams help. And there are relatively few parts that are hard to work out.

I agree. I don't have any assembly books, but I had the idea of printing microfiche pages from the 'net.
I could also use one of the spare lumps as a guinea pig.
I'm sure I could figure it out, it'll just go a little quicker with someone who's already been inside one.

Actually, the only part that "makes me nervous" is making sure that what's inside the cases is all there and working properly. I've never split the cases before. Everything from there outward is eazy peezy for me :)

The Jimbonaut said:
I just made this -

It's toast, with some 5yr old extra mature Quebec cheddar. So good my face just went numb.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Can't get non pasteurized cheese in the US but face numbing sound great to me

Tune-A-Fish© said:
Can't get non pasteurized cheese in the US but face numbing sound great to me

Sure you can. US law requires raw milk cheese to be aged 60 days. You can get it at most grocery stores, but I know Whole Foods, Trader Joes and Earth Fare all sell it.

Here's the CO2 refill station. Simple and light.

DSCN1514_zpsn6rgez3c.jpg

Its used to fill small 4 oz CO2 air gun bottles that are used to change gear on a drag race bike.

clem said:
Don't try and talk him out of my free beer Teazer!
lol :D
Don't worry, I always have a few cold ones in the fridge for friends ;)

Teazer, forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between that rig and just using a compressor?

teazer said:
Here's the CO2 refill station. Simple and light.

DSCN1514_zpsn6rgez3c.jpg

Its used to fill small 4 oz CO2 air gun bottles that are used to change gear on a drag race bike.
How long does 4 oz last for your air shifter?

A full weekend - not many passes in a weekend, but I like to take 4-6 bottles just to be safe.

Compressed air is fine for shifting. I didn't want to carry a large air bottle or to modify the swingarm or frame to act as a reservoir.

Air is typically around 120 psi and that's sufficient, but our old bikes have slow heavy shifting and I wanted more oomph. The CO2 bottle is gassed to over 1,500 and steps down to say 150psi and will still be at that same regulated pressure all day and won't steadily drop with each shift. I also like the small size. The bottle and regulator combo hides in the seat hump where it is also out of the sun which could raise the pressure too high.

teazer said:
Air is typically around 120 psi and that's sufficient...
Gotchya. More consistant... more oomph. I've had no practical experience, and limited exposure to air shifters. Thanks for the lesson :D

Back
Top Bottom