You Traded WHAT?

this past winter I plowed my neighbors blacktop circle drive 4 times for several dozen fresh eggs. Even though I prefer cookies and brownies. The eggs were great IN the cookies and brownies, my wife baked. ;D

I once sold a 68 Berlinetta Camero for 800.00 for a down payment on a set of Ludwig drums. It was gold with white vinyl top and white interior. I still have the drums and still play them but yeah it was probably not the best decision I've made! lol

My near perfect (and stock) 77 Yamaha RD400 for an 81 KZ750E (not stock) partial cafe bike. I was in a bind, needing a bike that was freeway worthy and not choking everyone behind me out (surprisingly, there ARE people who don't like the smell) so I traded it straight up at with my boss at the bike shop I was working at. My gf thought I was insane, but I needed a bigger bike pronto and did not have the money for one.

It was sad to see my little Yammie go, as I had restored it and owned her for over 10 years, but the KZ is a lot of fun and I have been able to do a good degree of tinkering to get it how I like it. It came with the 810cc kit and after a few little repairs to the electrical system and carbs it absolutely screams. I enjoyed installing new clocks, bar end mirrors, axle mount license plate/tail light and some other odds and ends. There's still some things to be done, but isn't that always the case? Plus it's awesome not having to clean and gap points every 500 miles, and the disc brakes all the way around are a good item.

I do miss the smell and the ring ding ding though.

Last week I successfully traded a lumpy old Shadow with a bad motor, for a 97 ZX750 "street fighter" (aka been crashed and half gutted), and traded the ZX for an Spikes AR15, all in the same night. I was not upset about it at all.

11119803_10152841103182689_1995510741996046730_n.jpg

Yesterday i traded 3 bicycles i paid about $26 ....for an entire RM 80 Parts rig minus the Jug guy even delivered etc...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 438
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 438
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 428
Ok, here's the best I ever did. I had a rough 63 ranchero. I worked at an auto parts warehouse in Hollywood, when a gay couple came in and decided they weren't leaving without my 63.... I decided their baby blue 56 ford would do the trick. I drove home very happy with the trade and couldn't wait to get it home. As I arrived home a friend called and had just nailed a job on the T.V. show Happy Days. He stated they needed cars for the show and paid me to use the 56 ford. So if your watching reruns of Happy Days and see the baby blue 56 Ford Mainliner, that was mine. I made pretty decent $ and the car was quite a gem. Because of this they heard I had a few other cars. They used my 56 two tone Chevy 210 and my 40 ford truck (the truck never made it on screen).

I once traded an Alva Fred Smith t-shirt for a G&S Stacy Peralta warptail. It had holes drilled but the grip had no holes, so it had never been set up. I rode for Alva so the shirt was free. This has nothing to do with motorcycles.

Id'a kept the Alva t-shirt. I only rode Dogtown back then, but the Alva stuff was always cool too. That Fred Smith logo with him yelling with those dreads was rad.

deviant said:
Id'a kept the Alva t-shirt. I only rode Dogtown back then, but the Alva stuff was always cool too. That Fred Smith logo with him yelling with those dreads was rad.

You're kidding, right? Stacy Peralta Warptail? Unridden? I got Alva t-shirts by the box back then for free.

I live in Boston now, and see Freddy once in a while. His old bands the Loud Ones reformed, and play out again. Rad dude. Owns a tattoo shop in Newport, RI.

Just occurred to me, you're talking 70's on that deck. Never mind, before my time.

carnivorous chicken said:
You're kidding, right? Stacy Peralta Warptail? Unridden? I got Alva t-shirts by the box back then for free.

I live in Boston now, and see Freddy once in a while. His old bands the Loud Ones reformed, and play out again. Rad dude. Owns a tattoo shop in Newport, RI.
You're right. Right as you said that, I realized what you were talking about.

ApriliaBill said:
Ok, here's the best I ever did. I had a rough 63 ranchero. I worked at an auto parts warehouse in Hollywood, when a gay couple came in and decided they weren't leaving without my 63.... I decided their baby blue 56 ford would do the trick. I drove home very happy with the trade and couldn't wait to get it home. As I arrived home a friend called and had just nailed a job on the T.V. show Happy Days. He stated they needed cars for the show and paid me to use the 56 ford. So if your watching reruns of Happy Days and see the baby blue 56 Ford Mainliner, that was mine. I made pretty decent $ and the car was quite a gem. Because of this they heard I had a few other cars. They used my 56 two tone Chevy 210 and my 40 ford truck (the truck never made it on screen).

Wow, awesome!

Not as great as some of the trades on here, but:

This:
A non-running, in need of full engine rebuild, 1990 DR350

For this:
1975 GL1000, titled, running, Rat Rod.

JustinLonghorn said:
Not as great as some of the trades on here, but:

This:
A non-running, in need of full engine rebuild, 1990 DR350

For this:
1975 GL1000, titled, running, Rat Rod.
Nice, that's a great one

This was a good trade.... for the other person. Nice complete cb.... for a bunch of parts, hmmm

deviant said:
My first ever build- a '75 CB360:

1558475_10204103822185117_5976364023959761536_n.jpg

for a truck bed full of parts, which included a '77 CB750, and XL250 motor and several Kawi front ends:

f3ae8b8248f2d0d91c4849b0307fb76d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom