cb100

mikeadamstattoo

Coast to Coast
im looking for a lower displacement cb to make into a fun little bobber. found a nice cb100 on craigslist for $700. think its worth getting? or am i gonna regret it and wish i got a 175 or a 350?

Sounds like a lot of dough for a little bit of cc's. Got a link to add? Might be worth it....

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/1486734469.html

all the ones im finding are 700-1000. but i want one that IS in perfect running order, and can strip and change cosmetically for the most part.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/1496219892.html

Picture006-1.jpg

Open mouth, insert foot. They do look really nice. Good lil bobber projects I would say.

I don't know of any kind of "gremlins" with these bikes, might wanna wait for someone else to chime in. But they do look good. We can't find small cc bikes out here on CL.

Those 100s are tiny, but would make a cool city ride. That one is stupid clean, and although I would have a hard time payin $700 for a cb100, Im a cheap son of a bitch, so my opinion really shouldnt matter... :D
And +1 on it being damn near impossible to find small displacement bikes arond here... And when ya do find em, there asking $400+ for whats left of a farm beater that hasnt run in 25 years. That or its been in the family since daddy bought it new in 1970, and they really dont want to sell it because dear old pops passed away 10 years ago and its all they have left to remember him by, so they dick you around for 2 weeks...
Apparently Im salty today. Sorry. :-\

That'd be a shame to tear that bike up.

All the available crap that's out there to work with and the good stuff gets torn down? Baby jesus is crying.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/1505116998.html

Here ya go man! This would be a kick ass little bobber!

heres why im ok with this price..

i traded tattoo work for a 2009 125cc pit bike. so it cost me nothing,

i put the pit bike on craigslist and a guy is giving me $500 cash for it.

last night i sold my hardshell saddle bags that i got for free with my bike for $50

so if i buy the cb100, ill only have $150 invested into it.

mikeadamstattoo said:
heres why im ok with this price..

i traded tattoo work for a 2009 125cc pit bike. so it cost me nothing,

i put the pit bike on craigslist and a guy is giving me $500 cash for it.

last night i sold my hardshell saddle bags that i got for free with my bike for $50

so if i buy the cb100, ill only have $150 invested into it.
Well shit man! Do it! You cant go wrong!

dont forget the broken xbox im selling today for $50, and my gameboy for $50 too. so ill have to actually pay $50 for the cb100. + taxes and registering it., and + gas money to however helps me go pick it up.

the lady responded to my email but wont answer when i call for details as to when i can BUY it from her. im trying to give her money and its not happening. SO FRUSTRATING!

Hahahaha, I'm with you now. I see what you want to do. Hopefully she answers soon and it works out. Nice little scoot there.

well she never got back to me. oh well.

i posted a wanted ad on craigslist for a cb100 or 175.

a guy replied and has a 1974 cl125 that he wasnt planning on selling but would let me have it for 700 and the guy seems like a real nice guy. hes only an hour from me too, the lady with the 100 was 2.5 hours.

i posted this on another thread but ill put it here too since ive been going on about these for the past 48 hours on here.

this is the cl125, i have a real good feeling about this. think i could make it look similar to that enfield classic fairly easily.

2vun31u.png

i like the cl125 more the more i look at it because the tank on that bike would go great with a springer seat if thats what your going for....

forcefanajd said:
i like the cl125 more the more i look at it because the tank on that bike would go great with a springer seat if thats what your going for....

exactly my first thought! i like the high pipes too

even though the cl125 is PERFECT, and it been stored in a house for the last 5 years. theres been gas in it for the past 5 years that formed into a tar.

so it will need the tank and petcokc cleaned, as well as the carbs cleaned rebuilt and tuned.

also, a guy offered me a 1972 honda cb175 for $700. has some wear to it, but the carbs tank and everything is great on it. just need s anew feul line. (how much do those run for?) and a new battery

here it is. what do you guys say?

8xptp4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom