My CB750. Maybe.

rays650cafe

No quarter given, none taken.
Trying to figure out what to do about this bike. No paperwork. The last 3 owners didn't have paperwork on it either. It's seems to have a lot of workable parts. Started kinda messing with it today.
I had a set of Norman Hyde's that wouldn't work on my 650, (air fork inlets in the way). So I threw them on for a little inspiration.
Carbs work freely, boots are hard as rocks, of course. It'll probably need rewired. Looks like some electrical fuckery at work in the harness Dept.
I'm not going to be able to make a lot of headway untill after family and I move anyway.
Is it possible to get a titled frame and swap stuff over? IDK. See what happens I guess.
Sorry for the shitty pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20190421_170648606.jpg
    IMG_20190421_170648606.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 187
Re: My CB750. Maybe.

I see titled 750 frames for ~$300 around here (East TN). I bought a titled '79 CB750F last fall for $250. Was crap, but everything was there. In my state, titles are pretty easy to get if you have BOS.

^ on the frame.

As far as electrical, buy a new harness. If it has wires to and from it, replace it.

Re: My CB750. Maybe.

pidjones said:
I see titled 750 frames for ~$300 around here (East TN). I bought a titled '79 CB750F last fall for $250. Was crap, but everything was there. In my state, titles are pretty easy to get if you have BOS.
Kinda what I was thinking. As far as bill of sale goes. The guy I got the bike from gave this thing to me. And I think that's how it went down from about three owners back.
From what the guy told me, the last person with paperwork on this thing has been dead awhile.
Time to call bent bike I guess...

Police or DMV might be able to run the VIN check for you and certify. Different in every state.

Don't toss out those floorboards and heel/toe shifter. Somebody will want those.

I don't know what your laws are, but where I'm at in Georgia, a Bill of Sale and a vin check gets you registered and tagged. Not titles issued on bikes before 1985. Getting a title, or at least a registration, may not be out of the picture.

Back
Top Bottom