KZ550a Resto-mod

Flugtechnik said:
Did I miss something? Why the two tanks? Or were you just being efficient with the paint?

end of line
Ha, a guy I work with just so happened to want his bike painted orange. Just killing two birds with one stone.

Well it has been slow going the last few days. Wrenched my back pretty bad and have only been able to work for short periods before having to rest. But here is a little progress.
b3fc140454d8fc475a16e6a84805eb8b.jpg

She is a roller again! Fender, fork brace and new brakes are done.
a9d7b5184b264753b4c94be2a28c2ceb.jpg

New Mac 4 into 1 headers along with new stainless braided lines connected to the oil cooler. A few other things like new chain and sprockets as well. Still planning on finishing in time for the Spring Thaw!

Heck yeah buddy. We WILL have that thing at the thaw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks neat 8)

Make sure you wipe off all the grease / fingerprints off the headers before you fire it up or they will burn on and stay put. Spray on furniture polish is good for this.....just make sure you wipe it all off.

hillsy said:
Looks neat 8)

Make sure you wipe off all the grease / fingerprints off the headers before you fire it up or they will burn on and stay put. Spray on furniture polish is good for this.....just make sure you wipe it all off.
Thanks for the tip!!! Will do.

Heal up quick, back pain sucks. You'll get r done by the thaw I am sure with the help of the mad scientist if needed.

cyclefreak said:
03384615aea0ae07339f61bc0eb89a69.jpg

Still a lot to do, but it's getting there!

I'm seeing it all come together now that I'm seeing the orange and black scheme taking shape. I really dig it!

Thanks guys. Actually tried to fire it up yesterday, but it had a dead coil. Got a new pair on the way being express shipped. If all goes well it will start up on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom