1949 Ducati Cucciolo T2 - Stalled for the time being...

Re: 1949 Ducati Cucciolo T2 - A little progress...

There are some guys at http://forum.bevelheaven.com/ who would like to see this.

Sorry guys, still pretty much stalled on this one for the time being.

If I get time to get something done towards the shed, it's raining. If it's sunny, I'm at work or out somewhere... and it's not helping I've had to get the 450 repaired after the rear ender a couple of months ago as well...

If I can just get the concrete laid for the shed then I can really get moving on it and get back into this project at last.

I tell ya' I can't wait!

Just read this from the start, Cool stuff mate. Love the old rego sticker.

How goes the shed building now the rain has been holding off?

Hey mate, unfortunately gone not much further... got some of the boxing in for the shed base but that's it.

We just discussed finishing up so we can get the concrete done when I got pinged for going through a yellow light, so now the finances are a bit tight... can't win!

I take it you're in Brissie somewhere?

hello,
I'm laurens. I'm just new.
I'm working on my Ducati cucciolo for the moment.
but I have a problem with the flywheel.
which flywheel puller do I need to disassemble it?
thanks, laurens.

Hi Laurens, I used an adjustable angle grinder tool to remove the little cover in the centre of the flywheel. Be careful as it's a left hand thread from memory.

My motor came with the flywheel puller, so I used that with a plumbing tool to remove the flywheel (I don't recall why I had the vice grips on there):

If you're not on there already, join the Yahoo group for "Ducati Pushrod Singles". You will find lots of information to help you out over there.

Do you have a build thread here?

I still haven't made any further progress yet...

No progress?!

Did the Ducati find its way into the same shed as Hillsy's GS450?

:D

Hahaha yeah I think so Rich... must have his here somewhere in my non-existent shed I reckon...

We were all set to buy gravel/concrete to get the foundation done when I got done for going through a yellow light :mad: That was more expensive than the concrete so delayed again... and we've had perfect weather to lay it too!

thanks, peteGS :)

I will take quickly a few pictures
it's a Ducati cucciolo T0 block without gears.

0uoh.jpg

a few pictures :D

Interesting... for some reason I thought they were all 2 speed gearboxes?

Looks in pretty good shape except for those roller bearings not being in the right spot.

I'm really keen to get back onto this but I can't see that happening for a while yet, I really need to get my shed done first.

Nice to see work still coming on , keep it up mate

I wish Jeff! Unfortunately my photos I posted were just old ones to help Laurens out... I've gotten nothing done for ages :'(

Desperate to get into it though as my hankering to get my hands on a Katana is getting a little out of control... but I won't be doing that until the little Duc is done and dusted...

I'd best fix the thread subject!

It's a shame that you're so held up on this project Pete. But that's life for ya......

On the brighter side, at least you have the 450 on the road.

Hi

I read all the treat in 15min, because I have the same motor to rebuild. I also have a complet frame in nice con. but whit no gas tank. The motor was taken apart befor I become the owner and as always some parts and bolts are missing.
What have I done so far?
I rebuild the cilinder and the piston and main shaft. Sandblasted the motor and now I must replace all the bearings in it.
I also measure the main coil and its not in working con. If someone have something to sell Im here.
Ill add some pictures later.
Frame
img20130909134414.jpg

Wheels
img20130909134431.jpg

Motor
img20130909134712.jpg

img20130909134732.jpg

img20130914103734.jpg

img20130914103829.jpg

img20130914103843.jpg

img20130914103913.jpg

img20130914104015.jpg

Hi

I starter to make gas tank but I got no mesurments.... Can someone measure the wide of the tank in cm and let me know the number?
Thank you guys for help

P.S.

PeteGS sorry because I stole youre topic
Greatings from Slovenia EU

Gas tank done:)

Attachments

• IMG_20130921_123746.jpg
    IMG_20130921_123746.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 336
Back
Top Bottom