New CB350 Project - Back Breaker

Re: New CB350 Project - Ball Breaker

The project is nearly done. I have a couple small things to do still but it's close enough done to post. I have a new headlight for it but it's missing parts. I might keep this one for awhile.

backbreaker13.jpg

backbreaker14.jpg

backbreaker15.JPG

backbreaker16.JPG

My roommate sitting on the bike trying to show how low it really sits.
backbreaker18.jpg

backbreaker20.jpg

backbreaker21.JPG

Lot of breaking balls going on in this thread, that's for sure.

thanx for posting I was afraid the know-it-alls had chased you off. grats on the finish

looks solid enough too me! well done mate.....
congrats on finishing it with all the negativity on here!
keep on truckin'

sinbad85 said:
looks solid enough too me! well done mate.....
congrats on finishing it with all the negativity on here!
keep on truckin'

Really? Negativity? I think the bike looks great, I agree that its definitely different and I too enjoy it. But to say the above comments are negativity...come on, think with your head. The above comments are from others in the industry that build bikes too. They aren't attacking him for who he is, or anything, they are giving advice that concerns someones well being. Negativity says your bike sucks (which nobody said here) and again I think it looks pretty cool. I'm glad you are doing well Dynamitedave, ride on sir!

A few people must have removed comets, if there are only constructive comments posted currently. :-X glad to see you got it on the road. my 360 still wont run on both cylinders :'(.

Great looking bike, looks fun and congrats!

The swingarm pivot is past the point of triangulation, which means the load would first have to travel down the overlapping tube - the pivot is in tension, the other tube in compression. With the seat rails completing the triangle, there's just no way you could apply enough force to the rear end to break anything.

Many will stick their toes out from the sidelines just to say they were in the game. Keep building and don't let them trip you up.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/mcy/2915422829.html

Saw this today and thought of yours (you did a much better job though!)

I really like the looks of this one too. Inspirational. Makes me want to make a similar one for myself. :)

Thanks for the comments guys. I have gotten good response form people who see it in person and anyone who rides it, loves it.

A buddy and I did a 70 mile group ride with it and my bobber last weekend. We had a great time. The seat is a little rough but managable. I have many more projects planned. I have 5 CB/CL350s that need to be built still.

church_cafe_ride12.JPG

church_cafe_ride15.JPG

church_cafe_ride18.JPG

church_cafe_ride20.JPG

church_cafe_ride23.JPG

i just got done reading this entire thread...oh man.

i just realized the VA plates on your bike..where are you located? Im in Centreville, Fairfax area

let the haters hate homie.

I think it's just cause it's so different.
But, I love looking at your bike.

maybe I missed it somewhere but who did your leatherwork on the seat?

I live in Woodbridge and work in DC. I hang out in Centerville/Fairfax sometimes.

I did the leather work on the seat. It was my first one. It's a lot harder to do than it looks online. I bought some leather and tools from http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com and tried it out. I made templates out of poster board, then cut the leather, punched holes in it and hooked the pieces together with leather shoe laces I got at the grocery store. Then I died the leather, black cheery is the color I think.

Back
Top Bottom