Your 'Someday' project?

Bevelheadmhr

Coast to Coast
DTT BOTM WINNER
I've been thinking about a new project recently, got some parts already but not sure if I can afford to build it the way I'd like. So I may leave that one for another day and build something a little less ambitious next.

Which got to wonder if you have a 'some day' project? Something that's been in the back of your mind for years, but is out of reach for now? By that I don't mean a gold plated Vincent Black Shadow or 'when I win the lottery' type build, but something that could be possible for you someday?

This.

IS9A8065.jpg

Sportster engine in a featherbed type frame, aka a Snortster.

And a kick ass '97ish Ducati 900ss.

Gotta be a killer looking ducati. Not something exotic, but maybe a high end monster, eg:

Ducati_S2R_Cafe+Racer_2.jpg

Want to mate a modern VW TDI and an electric motor to my honda element to get a plug in AWD Diesel hybrid. I'm friends with the garage manager at a well connected tuner shop, and he said he could get the tech drawings for the VW hybrid system directly from VW without a fuss, It would just be about making everything play nice and mounting it up and fitting it.

My goal is 40+mpg (its like driving a billboard) and a 30 mile range without kicking over the engine at all.

0a2288430721ff85196b78f96a7914a3.jpg

someone else's, but the look is about right. I've only owned mine for a few months, so its pretty far off that point =)

This...

... to haul my stuff around in. 8)

It has lots of flaws. But they are easily fixed. First is the tires.

There is a shitty cb360 in my back yard that literally the frame and engine are usable. It would be a fun project.

I build things that work. Not just for show. There is a something lurking in that picture. For me.

Cursh said:
Want to mate a modern VW TDI and an electric motor to my honda element to get a plug in AWD Diesel hybrid. I'm friends with the garage manager at a well connected tuner shop, and he said he could get the tech drawings for the VW hybrid system directly from VW without a fuss, It would just be about making everything play nice and mounting it up and fitting it.

My goal is 40+mpg (its like driving a billboard) and a 30 mile range without kicking over the engine at all.

0a2288430721ff85196b78f96a7914a3.jpg

someone else's, but the look is about right. I've only owned mine for a few months, so its pretty far off that point =)

Holy shit. That Element is badass.

One of these to replace the one i sold to buy my house

Attachments

• images-3.jpg
    images-3.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 268
When I'm done paying for the kids' schooling.....

Kolb_Firefly_4551780446_c6535a2130_b.jpg

For now, my bike is the closest I can get to flying.

Someday, I'll finish this:
Roadrunner_08_zps8b865ec0.jpg

But, someday before that I want to build one of these:
hartzbros1.jpg

I want to have a Datsun one day. Doesn't really matter which one, I love so many of them that I'll take what I can get: Skyline, Z, 510, 620, I don't care :) Will need a much larger garage though.

Flugtechnik said:
When I'm done paying for the kids' schooling.....

Kolb_Firefly_4551780446_c6535a2130_b.jpg

For now, my bike is the closest I can get to flying.

Now we're talking!
What does one of those run?
I've been looking at cessna 150's lately which I can get cheap, but the maintenance cost is a killer.
A little ultralight like that would be a blast for sure!
Do you have your license?

My someday project will be a 65 Mustang fastback. I have it planned out already just need the car.
Modern engine, trans, suspension, axles, etc. Lots of sound deadening. Classic interior. I want a 65 fastback that I can actually drive across the country comfortably. 500+ HP wouldn't hurt either.

Back
Top Bottom