BMW 1974 R90/6 Restore (for now)

Re: BMW 1974 R90/6 Restore (for now)

I want to sell the front fairing how much should I ask?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Hey Tim one of the petcock turn knobs broke off any thoughts on a good site to find one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

teddpage said:
You could try calling Bob's BMW in Maryland...

Thanks i'll try that. I have an XS650 so I know most of the resource site for that bike. This time around i'm going to make a list and try not to buy the same part twice. On the XS I would get the cheaper part at first and then later realize that the part I want is the better quality more expensive one.

god i want a bmw bike so baddddd.. one project at a time. guess ill be living vicariously through you. keep up the good work.

I just got fresh registration stickers for my R75/6 that I haven't ridden in 3 years and flipped my insurance over to it from my XS. Going up to my friend's place on Sunday to dust it off and take it for a long ride. Will be taking the Gremlen Bell with me and snap some pics.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=14906.0

Re: Re: BMW 1974 R90/6 Restore (for now)

Tim said:
I just got fresh registration stickers for my R75/6 that I haven't ridden in 3 years and flipped my insurance over to it from my XS. Going up to my friend's place on Sunday to dust it off and take it for a long ride. Will be taking the Gremlen Bell with me and snap some pics.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=14906.0
I'm jealous

Sent from my DROID RAZR

We cleaned up the seat a little bit and the tank man the seat came out nice

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352424439844.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352424439844.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 333

We got it to turn over but I don't think it's getting any fuel I think the fuel lines are pretty well rotted out so going to replace the fuel lines and clean up the carbs. When we put gas in the tank it just drips all over the floor from the gas lines

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I think I might be missing some pieces for the headlight does the stock headlight use pieces from the fairing

Sent from my DROID RAZR

When you're done cleaning it up and have it running you should ride it by where you bought it and show it off :) They do clean up nice with some elbow grease, some cleaner and some #0000 steel wool on the chrome bits.

Great Bikes!! Is the fairing a Butler and Smith? If so you can get a couple hundred out of it. As for the head light I changed mine over and had to get another head light ring to make it work. Also the turn signel's go on the forks just above the gattors. Heres a couple pic of my 74 R90
This is when I picked it up.
74BMW004.jpg

After doing the head light. Header pipes, mufflers,rear pegs,seat rail.
0403111329a.jpg

These are the goodies I got with the bike.
0403111332.jpg

now that we got the bike running I want to start putting some money into it.
it definitely needs new headers and a new front rim and rear rim. does anyone have any suggestions where I should get the rims and spokes

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Re: Re: BMW 1974 R90/6 Restore (for now)

DoubleClutch said:
Great Bikes!! Is the fairing a Butler and Smith? If so you can get a couple hundred out of it. As for the head light I changed mine over and had to get another head light ring to make it work. Also the turn signel's go on the forks just above the gattors. Heres a couple pic of my 74 R90
This is when I picked it up.
74BMW004.jpg

After doing the head light. Header pipes, mufflers,rear pegs,seat rail.
0403111329a.jpg

These are the goodies I got with the bike.
0403111332.jpg

Are you selling those headers

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Well I bought a carb rebuild kit from eBay and these mags. The original rims are bent up pretty good.

Send from my Razr Maxx HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353740690001.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353740690001.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 867
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353740701685.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353740701685.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 881
Great mags - you got a good deal? Those should be Lesters I think and are pretty uncommon for BMW's. Look great on the bikes.

Back
Top Bottom