1976 GMC Motorhome

Well it looks like she sat outside for one hell of a storm...Hopefully no one was inside haha.
14026.jpeg

It covers the whole top, as well as quite a few on one side :eek:
I'm thinking one hell of a hail storm.
Paint guy says it's the worst he's ever seen haha.

Luckily it's on top and no one but me will ever see it. He estimated over 2 grand to fix it, and said really it needs the roof replaced if I want it to be perfect up top.
I said, no thank you, strip it down and paint over em! I don't know anyone 9' tall who is ever going to see it

Making me feel a little embarrased about all the groaning I did when sanding the BMW plastics. ;D

Thanks Dudes!

J, I cannot imagine driving that thing. Mike at stock height is scary if you don't have the rear suspension set just right, if it's too high the thing is all over the road, get it right and it's a dream.
I imagine that thing never has the correct geometry haha.
But damn it would be fun out in the deserts!

Home safe and sound!

14862.jpeg

Trek, sorry I forgot to give you a heads up when we went and got it, I remembered about halfway home! Barber?

Made the 5 hour drive in style with only one issue, vapor lock caused by a stupidly designed fuel sump (not my design) so I drilled a hole in it and routed a line back to the tanks so now the pump is always recirculating and will keep the fuel from boiling.
Lots of positive comments at the gas station and lots of thumbs up on the road. Way different than the "who the fuck would drive that POS?" Looks that I got on the trip up there haha.

Dude that thing is fantastic.
Thats ok about not calling. I understand all the excitement.
Yes, Rach and I are planning for Barber and doing Mid O in a couple weeks.
See ya there bro!

Plugging away here, down to the wire. We're leaving on the 10th!

Got the exhaust mostly finished up today.
Started here:
IMG_20170702_105908753.jpg

A lot of cutting and welding and tube enlarging (for slip fits) later and it's about complete.
IMG_20170703_132931589.jpg

IMG_20170702_170305268.jpg

IMG_20170703_124759649.jpg

Long tube headers, to 2.5" collectors, into flex couplers into the Y pipe with a 3" out. 3" all the way back from there to a muffler in the rear.
All stainless.
Turned out great, lots of work though. Super sore from climbing under and out from under this bitch probably 300 times.

ALso mildly deaf after having to drive it in and out of the barn with open headers. holy SHIT a 455 is loud with open headers.

Well were underway!
Tons of problems so far but they have all been solved. Yet another reason to learn to do shit on your own! We would have had to have been towed within 30 miles of home, and then again 100, and 200 etc. But here we are 1000 miles from home and still trucking g working out all the kinks. This is also what happens when you don't have time for a shakedown run haha. Probable equal time driving and wrenching so far. But tomorrow should be a good day I think it's all fixed!

Attachments

• IMG_20170710_195822.jpg
    IMG_20170710_195822.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20170711_104631.jpg
    IMG_20170711_104631.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 271
Back
Top Bottom