1976 Suzuki GT550 2 Stroke

Thanks Rob ;)

Ok, I havent posted on this in a while, as I have so many other projects on the go.

But I noticed when I took of the air box after running the bike for a couple minutes, and it stalled out, that there was a lot of gas in the filters.

Im thinking the bottom of the crank case filled up with gas and stalled it out..... Im not sure about these engines... Does anyone have an idea of where to start? Its not timing. Ive concluded that!

Thanks.. Hope someone out there is seeing this.

Uber

Not trying to be a jerk here, but you answer a lot of your own questions. If you think the crank case is full of fuel, check the oil for fuel. If the air box is full of fuel, it seems to me you might have the floats set up wrong. If all passages are clear, then why is the air box have fuel in it? Because the carbs are spitting fuel in there. Why? Figure this out and things will get a lot easier. Are the needles set up properly? Float needles in correctly? Did somebody bend the floats? I never personally understood "prime" petcocks. Never needed to ever put a petcock on prime. If the bike is set up properly, you should be able to turn on the petcock and fire bike. I've had many bikes with the prime, but never used it. Not a 2 stroke expert, just trying to talk through it. I hope you figure this out, it sucks having a bike and not be able to ride. Is there a oil injection? Is it working properly? Good luck, I hope you find your issue soon.

Thanks. I will check the floats. It does have oil injection and it does work. Im not a 2 stroke guy as well.

Ill check all the carb settings.

Uber

@ubergeez I own a 1973 Titan T500 2-stroke twin. I had what seems to be the same issue. The engine was completely rebuilt initially and would run for a bit then die out. Carbs were rebuilt and dialed in as well. There are two main issues I found a had them both fixed. The first, which prompted the rebuild was the inner crank seal which forced me to get the crank machines and balanced. The second was a new oil injection cable. After the crank seals were all replaced, engine ran fine for a few days then the stalling began. The oil injection cable was still original and was 'sticky' and didn't allow for proper or consistent oil flow into the cylinders--either too much or not enough. Either way the issue was in a sense choking the engine to the point where it wouldn't run. I ordered a replacement NOS line from Suzuki (took a couple weeks), replaced it, redialed in the carbs and she runs better than new. No issues at all. My bike below. Hope this helps!
bb1fc02c3f40c4901d83c27be06870c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Ubergeez said:
Thanks Rob ;)

Ok, I havent posted on this in a while, as I have so many other projects on the go.

But I noticed when I took of the air box after running the bike for a couple minutes, and it stalled out, that there was a lot of gas in the filters.

Im thinking the bottom of the crank case filled up with gas and stalled it out..... Im not sure about these engines... Does anyone have an idea of where to start? Its not timing. Ive concluded that!

Thanks.. Hope someone out there is seeing this.

Uber
Noticed this is an older post. I responded with my recommendations. I went through the same issues. I'm 100% confident you're having the problems as I did. Btw, these engines are bullet proof once you get them sorted. Let me know if you figured this out.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I know this is an old post buy I am curious as to the outcome. Did you ever solve this problem? I think that if the air filters are filling up with fuel, then it is most likely a float issue, either, leaky or improperly set float or float needle/seat issue.

Back
Top Bottom