and you try to help a guy out....

cbrianroll

Coast to Coast
Sooooo....I was gonna fix a bike and for that work I would get one in trade. Ones a 74 xl175 (Kickstart shafts broken) and the other a 72 xl250. Had them a while couldn't find parts, he asks about them I say I can't find parts come get them he says he doesn't want to, so I store them in my garage for 9 months. He tells me I need to take them to his house and says I hope you didn't take any parts off for other bikes. Any kindness just went out the window. I take them to work for him to take home and he flips out...claims I still have stuff and he's gonna call a lawyer if i don't bring it back. He didn't even look in the box of stuff...what a day. I kinda hope he calls a lawyer.

Did you tell him to refer back to his (non-existent) contract? I would have laughed in his face.

After holding on to those bikes for 9 months, you could've claimed right of possession and kept them. Or charge him for storage. He'll shut up if you send him an invoice for 9 months of storage at $125/month.

I'd have shoved one of the bikes up his arse and paraded him up and down the street like a giant lollipop until he apologised. What a chump.

irk said:
After holding on to those bikes for 9 months, you could've claimed right of possession and kept them. Or charge him for storage. He'll shut up if you send him an invoice for 9 months of storage at $125/month.
None of that would work unless you have signs in the shop stating storage charge will occur after a certain time or unless there was a previous agreement. If you sent him an email stating charges would apply if they weren't picked up by such and such a date and after that they become the property of the possessor and he replied to the email acknowledging receipt of the email, then they would be yours. I'd tell him to pound sand and give him my lawyers number and tell hi to follow up with him.

What bikes? I never had any of his bikes. Don't know what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom