Beachcomber's Tales from the day

Here in the Netherlands they say "kinderen en dronkaards spreken de waarheid" Kids and drunks tell the truth. ;D
Wish I was there to hear al of their stories 8)

I decided a few of the tales should only be made public after Shelby and others involved passed on .....................

We recently lost both Roy Salvadori - who was sharing his winning Aston Martin in 1959 and Sir Jack Brabham, so that's a couple of little anecdotes that can be released. ;)

I conducted a couple of film and TV interviews with both Shelby and Brabham ... but it's the private stories that carry the most interest ! 8)

dewjantim said:
Come on BC..... we wanna' hear the good shit :eek: :eek: :eek:.

Ha, ha .................. this weekend's LeMans 24 hrs DID remind me of one of the stories Salvadori related about when he drove the GT40 at La Sarthe, and he said ................................................................................................

Sorry guys, the next part of the Shelby tale will probably be AFTER I get back from my summer break in Saxony.

I'm still struggling to find some of the relevant pix that I want to share.

Back from my Saxony chill break now and eager to get on with stuff.

I've got at least a couple of weeks sorting out and then it's down to locating the Shelby related pix.

I took a load of books and personal stuff to the house in Reichenau - just to make it more "homely", and realised that there were several books and signed posters that made it there in error !

I found my signed copy of Salvadori's Book "Mon ami Mate" that he gave me for organising the cars for the Innes Ireland memorial rally, and a co-signed poster of the French Shelby Daytona Coupe that the boys signed for me at Le Mans in 1994.

Anyroadup ........... back on it now, definitely this side of Christmas.

Slight sidetrack after my last post which has slowed things down .................. Mrs.B got her arm savaged by a friend's dog, and although the wound was relatively OK - the hospital fucked up and overlooked the puncture wound [ Canine ] on the bottom of her arm. That went septic, abscess, TWO operations, 10 days in hospital and a further 2 weeks recovering [ ongoing ] ::) ::) ::)

Tale will still be done before Christmas - hope it's worth the wait !

Sorry to hear about your wife Beach. Hope she is healing up well.

How is the dog?

Brodie said:
Sorry to hear about your wife Beach. Hope she is healing up well.

How is the dog?

Funny you should ask !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx for your kind thoughts. Mrs. B is progressing well - stitches finally out today.

I have the clumsiest Doberman in captivity. The wound from the cancer op has all but healed over - in fact I'm back to the vet's this pm for her 3 month check up - looking good though.

HOWEVER, just when we got back from Saxony she was running around over the woods and managed to rip a front paw nail out !! That went septic [ of course ] despite cleaning the area every time she went out. Anti-biotics, pain killers, yah, dee, yaddy, yah. .......Ah well.

Good to hear mate. I hope the stiches don't leave to big a scar.

I am glad that nasty looking cancer wound has healed up. Pity about the paw though.

Heard you last night (early AM here) on C2C....great conversations with George! I usually use the show to put myself back to sleep (with a pillow phone) after rising during the night to attend to the needs of an enlarged prostate. But last night my attention was riveted and slumber didn't return until after your segment. Well done!

Thanx for the kind thoughts - appreciated.

BAck to the plot. I've found some of the pix I wanted to share - I'll make a real effort next week to find the others.

The storyline itself is 1/2 way there.

Now I KNOW I'm getting [ got ?] senile. I have just realised that this tale overlaps with previous tales [ a year or two back ] and rather than not bother, I've integrated those tales in with some new stuff.

I really hope that doesn't piss you off too much - but it does put things into context.

Very soon now.

Back
Top Bottom