75 cb125s front brake pads

camo608

Hi
I'm looking for front brake pads for my 75 cb125s it has a disc brake and I cant find pads for it

The pads really worn out and I cant find parts at all for the mechanical caliper just for the the drum

Hey guys, I am doing up a cb125s cafe racer style as well, and I am in a dilemma over front brakes also. I have the disc brake model, but there was no caliper or hanger arm with the bike. A new caliper and arm from Honda is way to much to be paying for such a crap brake, so I am going to look at the hydraulic options.

Are there any available calipers that will bolt on, like a cb350 or 400, or will I need to replace the front end to get something else to bolt on? Will the Kawa gpz brakes bolt on for instance? I have the 1978 disc wheel.

Furthermore I have access to a 2 axis CNC mill that I know how to use, so am looking at making a hanger arm, and hanging something else off it. I imagine something like the GPZ550 front caliper would work here, but what about rear brakes from bigger bikes, like the VFR750. The reason I am asking is that they are single pot, and (mainly) because they are cheap and plentiful second hand. Is this a silly question because I will run into cylinder or cable problems, or is this worth thinking about?

Lastly, why did Honda make the cb series calipers with an adjustable hanger arm in the late 70s, when nowadays they are all solid bits of metal? Anything I need to know here for fabricating my own bracket?

Cheers Swivel, will get on the case with that. Will post a pic up when ive got a cardboard mockup of the bracket knocked up.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom