CX500 minor bob job - whooooot issues solved goes like a bat out of hell, for an old bike at least

Re: Cx500 minor bob job - Seat Ideas, making a cowl but not a cafe

Thanks Jussy, only issue, I ran out of beer, so tonight my not go so well. Ha. I have one little piece left to attach on the front and then I can drill for rivits and get the foam smooth and start stretching it on. I have like 4 needles left and I hope one will work. It is literally 8" I need to stitch, I was able to to the whole diamond pattern through foam and cotton on the back and one little seam at the end is causing me all the grief.

Re: Cx500 minor bob job - Seat Leather UP!

Looks great mike and will go nicly with the cowl you made keep it up sir !!!

Thanks Scott, depending on how things go I may ride this bike to MO this year.

Done. Machine was a total bitch for the last of the sewing. Still need protector and a re stain where I washed the dye our but it is an 8 out of 10 and much better job than my GL cover so next time I should do a 10 out of 10. Pics

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362620709345.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362620709345.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,048
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362620741399.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362620741399.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,058
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362620768631.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362620768631.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,127

That looks sweet! Want to do my seat?? JK

I plan on doing my own as well........job well done, you should be proud

Maritime,
Nice job on that seat. I did mine over the summer and it's not easy so I can appreciate your work. Did you happen to use UV protected thread? Standard thread supposedly doesn't last very long being exposed to the sun. I paid almost as much for my thread as I did for the marine grade vinyl I used, but I didn't want the seat coming apart on me. :eek:

tsbigdog said:
Maritime,
Nice job on that seat. I did mine over the summer and it's not easy so I can appreciate your work. Did you happen to use UV protected thread? Standard thread supposedly doesn't last very long being exposed to the sun. I paid almost as much for my thread as I did for the marine grade vinyl I used, but I didn't want the seat coming apart on me. :eek:

Yep, it was almost 7 bucks for the spool. and there was barely enough on it to finish the job. I hope it lasts a few seasons. The leather is interior grade though so I am going to be hitting it with some kind of protector, hope it holds up, if not I will have to do it over in a season or two and I will have learned, and will do a better job.

Thanks guys. I think if/when I do this again I am going to see if I can borrow a more appropriate machine. my old girl just isn't the right one for leather.

Are you just using a standard house sewing machine? Looks great by the way!

Old singer machine yep, used heavy duty needle #16 and only broke a couple. At the end I had to use regular thread as the last needle I put in shredded the Apolstery thread. But that part is under the front lip of the seat so it will hopefully hold up. We'll have to go for a ride when the weather gets better and you can see it in person. If I get it finished soon that is.

Yep all metal parts, and good quality metal. I have been offered lots of money for it, it is a 50's model I believe, but a newer machine would not do what this old girl can and I can fix it with a flathead screwdriver. Yes it gets a bit cranky but only when I am doing things like sewing leather it isn't designed to sew. Ha.

Nice job on the seat. That's the next project for my CM400 Brokeback frame. I bought an old leather trench coat on Fleabay for $20, lots of leather to make a few mistakes with. I think I am going for a Moto Mucci style long seat for mine.

Nice work man! I can't do upholstery to save my life.

Ringo said:
Nice work man! I can't do upholstery to save my life.
aren't you lucky that not likely to be a life or death skill
But what if it was.

Bad guy:
"Reupholster this Victorian arm chair or the girl get it"

Ringo:
" we'll babe you had a good run but I, ...I... Can't do upholster to save a life."

Ringo gal:
"I ll go just let me fresh in up"

Bad guy:
" I'm gonna count to three one, tw."

Ringo :
" right right the girl, hold on ill get her, you know woman there never ready"

Bad guy:
" listen buddy I ant got all day"

Ringo:
" tell her, I'm ready!! she's gonna be in the dam bathroom for over a hour, and hand to god when she comes out....shell look no different."

Bad guy:
"No shit my old woman is the same way I hate it, you know what your all...no......no your all right. Tell you what keep your gal. I'm just gonna take my chair and let my self out.

Ringo:
" ya sure because she is probably about done, ( beating on bathroom door) hurry up Hun "

(Ringo turn to see but the bad guy way already gone)

Ringos gal:
" who was that man?"

Ringo:
" I don't know.....I don't know"

(camera truns to so the silo wet of a drifter walking away in the moon light holding a chair)

The moral of the story is if you got a little blue and orange Honda you'll always get the girl

Back
Top Bottom