BMW R90/6.. TAT G/S Tribute

It’s not so much a bike ban as a requirement to have winter tires.
I know they make winter tires for motorcycles don’t know if there’s a size that would fit Rhonda though, mostly they seem to be sizes for larger touring motorcycles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmer92 said:
It’s not so much a bike ban as a requirement to have winter tires.
I know they make winter tires for motorcycles don’t know if there’s a size that would fit Rhonda though, mostly they seem to be sizes for larger touring motorcycles

Ah I gotcha. that makes sense.

A friend of a friend claims that he bought winter motorcycle tires that are impregnated with ceramic material for grip on ice.

The idea sounds neat, but I haven't found anywhere that sells what he is claiming that he bought.

Toyo makes winters for cars with walnut shells in them, probably the same sort of concept

Hurco550 said:
Ah I gotcha. that makes sense.

A friend of a friend claims that he bought winter motorcycle tires that are impregnated with ceramic material for grip on ice.

The idea sounds neat, but I haven't found anywhere that sells what he is claiming that he bought.
Ceramic? Silica is added in the rubber mix for winter tires in arctic conditions. Guess you can call it ceramic.. I would know, i live in that shit climate!

datadavid said:
Ceramic? Silica is added in the rubber mix for winter tires in arctic conditions. Guess you can call it ceramic.. I would know, i live in that shit climate!
Silica is used in all tire compounds. It has the amazing ability to give tire rubber low hysteresis at low frequency distortion and high hysteresis at high frequency distortion. This is why we have tires nowadays with 80k warranties.

irk miller said:
Silica is used in all tire compounds. It has the amazing ability to give tire rubber low hysteresis at low frequency distortion and high hysteresis at high frequency distortion. This is why we have tires nowadays with 80k warranties.
Yea well the content is higher in winter tires.

There are some with the proper stamp but sized for the big GS rides. Some people have bought them and are still getting pulled over and hassled. They are going to re-word the law to just ban bikes period from what I read. They really don't want bikes on the roads in winter in that province at all.

The old bill hide behind parked cars on my street with speed cameras, doling out speeding tickets to anyone doing 31kph on our 30kph street. Judging by the look on their faces when they pull someone over you'd think they'd just thwarted the escape attempt of a major felon.

Can't see them being too friendly to a biker in winter, no matter what tires they're on.

The Jimbonaut said:
The old bill hide behind parked cars on my street with speed cameras, doling out speeding tickets to anyone doing 31kph on our 30kph street. Judging by the look on their faces when they pull someone over you'd think they'd just thwarted the escape attempt of a major felon.

Can't see them being too friendly to a biker in winter, no matter what tires they're on.

There’s a fellow who uses them over on the quebec m4e forum.

you can still get a ticket for reckless driving if you take it out with snow or ice on the roads, but for a feb day at +5, 6, 7, it’s usually not a problem.

As long as the stamp is there.

You’d think they’d want lighter vehicles like motorcycles used more often here, easier on the roads. Let’s face it, our roads need all the help they can get.

You'd think but QC hates motorcycles, don't know why but they do. I've been hassled there just because I had aftermarket signals on my bike, if it were QC plated they would have ticket me. Hell I don't even need signals here.

ha, dad just got back from La Guadalupe. I don't think he was prepared for how French it really was hahaha

Well now that the bike of the month voting is over, I can post up some pics of the ugly oversized windshield that I just mounted to the bike lol I am hoping to put some real miles on the bike over the summer with a possible trip down to Georgia in the works, so id like to reduce wind fatigue if I can. I picked up this plexifairing3 at Mid-Ohio last year for $5. It big, but looks like it will do a swell job of keeping the wind blocked. It was missing one of the mounting brackets, so I did have to spring $35 for another used set off of feebay. Oh well, still cheap compared to the $250 price new. It has some scratches on it that I need to figure out how to buff out, but ill get there.

I'm also working on installing a "hondaman" transistorized ignition module on it, since I've had some issues with the points corroding. Irk was gracious enough to send me one he had kicking around. Chances are I could throw a new set of points on and a condenser and fix the problem, but these units claim to make the points last almost "forever", so as Forrest Gump would say its "just one less thing".
74393148ad6df92482e853d67ba7d40d.jpg
f5c94c2b66bd7ae52170de4cd8dae8c8.jpg

Yeah the pictures May look better once I roll it outside, but here's a picture I grabbed off of Google of one on the front of a Ural. They seem to be pretty well known for being ugly but doing a wonderful job of what they're supposed to do. It's fairly quick to pull it back off to while just leaving four small brackets on the bike
b372ea6405e4b4cef640394dce1f11a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom