Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
** HOW TO's: Technical Vids ** / More CB/CJ 360 carb info
« Last post by crazypj on Today at 17:02:25 »
I've been meaning to make this video for several years and now I've finally gotten around to putting it on You Tube.It's actually much easier to measure when your not trying to keep 'in shot'  Totally unedited, I hate the amount of time editing takes 
Just posted a quick video to You Tube, majority of carbs I get  are set toi 'over travel' so you only get about 3/4 to 7/8 actual throttle plate 'opening. I should have done the vid before I started taking carbs apart for cleaning but...............
 That Rupp is pretty sweet.
Cafe Racers / Re: Project "walrus" Yam XS 750
« Last post by TranceMachineVienna on Today at 16:31:45 »

After a long long day of bringing my welder from the basement to the ground floor then welding a dot on the crank and mounting the camchain the machine runs very well and starts easily.

I used some stainless wire and welded a dot onto the crank.
All electrical parts were disconnected. No battery.

1 hour of trying to extract that pin was without success.

A good friend helped me with mounting the new cam chain.
We split the old chain by grinding off the metal ends and then used a driver to drive the axles out then hung the old and new chain together with some stainless welding wire. Then we pulled the chain trough without turning the engine over which was set to TDC for cylinder 1.
Then we set the crankshafts connected the chain and used a hammer and good hammer as a backing and 'chiseled' the chain with exact punches.
Then I buttoned it up made a test ride and reset the ignition with the flashing light.
The bike runs very nice new.
There is a different noise now which stems from I think a loose screw on the chassis. I will look after that soon.

The bike pulls hard now and sounds amazing.
The idle is smooth.
SELLING / CB 350 CappilliniMoto Oil Filter/Cooler Kit
« Last post by mslaptoptx on Today at 15:34:40 »
Brand new CappilliniMotoOil Filter kit. This converts the CB350 to a real oil filter. It includes a chain driven oil high flow oil pump and a CappiliniMoto Billet aluminum oil cooler. These guys make some of the nicest vintage Honda racing parts.
This kit costs over $1,000 from CappilliniMoto plus tax and shipping from Italy. I'm asking $550 shipped in the continental US.
HELP! 1-800-CAFE-HELP / Re: Steps to take before running CB350
« Last post by chucklump on Today at 13:51:40 »
Thanks man! So the minor rust on the points isnít a a problem correct?
New Rear wheel bearings in, wheel back on. Need to button a few things up and then were good....still need to out front brake on
HELP! 1-800-CAFE-HELP / Re: Steps to take before running CB350
« Last post by trek97 on Today at 12:28:28 »
The parked since 98, 400F took about 1-1/2 hours to get it started. 
About the same for Piglet.  Parked since 1978
400A Fired up with out too much fuss.

Fuel POURING out of all the carbs.  lol

So keep fire extinguishers NEAR w pins pulled out.  hahaha
HELP! 1-800-CAFE-HELP / Re: Steps to take before running CB350
« Last post by trek97 on Today at 12:15:26 »
I had zero intentions for my 400F to start and run...but it did.

Fuel pissing out of carbs on the ride.

HELP! 1-800-CAFE-HELP / Re: Steps to take before running CB350
« Last post by trek97 on Today at 12:03:28 »
I give the cylinders a little squirt of penetrating oil and let it soak in a few minutes.  So there's something in there.

I wouldn't do motor oil as it would glaze the already glazed cylinders.

and squirt some motor oil in the valve inspection covers to coat cam and lifter as best you can.

You could pull carb bowls off and just give them a quick clean up.  Atlest make sure floats will open to let gas in.

Fill w your fresh oil and put a heat lamp under it to preheat the engine.

Check static timing.  To make sure you can get a spark.  As long as everything else is good enough to get it there.

Have your meter real handy to quickly test battery voltage it it does start.

Squirt pentrant on chain and put a little air in tires.  So if it does run good enough you can try to go for a little ride to see how it shifts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10