www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: CB350 project  (Read 2760 times)

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
Re: CB350 project
« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2016, 13:00:14 »
Is yours in the condition of the one he is looking at?

Perhaps I took your meaning wrong. It read as a 350f will never be able to do what a modern 300 can. Feel free to correct my interpretation.

Offline Brent

« Reply #11 on: Apr 12, 2016, 13:23:33 »
Perhaps I took your meaning wrong. It read as a 350f will never be able to do what a modern 300 can. Feel free to correct my interpretation.

My wording might not have been the best, I don't doubt there are 350F's that can give the new 300's a good spanking. I don't think the OP has owned a bike and has limited mechanical experience, I may be wrong, but thought if he had something to ride while he searched for a running vintage it would make the whole experience more satisfying. I think he is in a seasonal location and I find prices drop considerably when the snow flies, at least here in the great white north.

Offline G.Rossman

« Reply #12 on: Apr 12, 2016, 14:16:28 »
I am in a seasonal location.  Indiana, so we are still trying to find a spring right now. 

I have some experience but no road bikes.  I use to ride a dirt bike and 4 wheeler (grew up in the country).  I do have friends who ride and have already said they would help me and of course work with me on riding the safe way.  One has had a CBR600RR recently and now has a BMW1000 something (not sure of model off hand). 

I have some mechanical experience, not completely with bikes.  I have a 71 Corvette restoration I have started and not done a ton with yet, the car was my dads race car as I grew up and needs a total rebuild and was given to me a few years ago.  I just sold a 03 Zo6 I had modified and played with, I have a 98 Corvette low miles with only stock options I have added like magnesium wheels and took a TI exhaust off a Z car and put that on.  I miss my 01 SVT Lightning I sold which had a fair amount of bolt on stuff done to it.  Cobras in the past, camaro Z28 so if I have something to research or work off of I can do pretty well.  Rebuilding an engine, never done one but would like to.  I would not mind finding local groups with people to help me out as well. 

Going off the feedback here it seems like the bike is iffy at best?  I would love a newer bike and almost bought one but lost out by a few hours when it sold before I could get to it. 

Offline G.Rossman

« Reply #13 on: Apr 12, 2016, 14:17:36 »
My biggest problem is always space.  Between SUVs, kid toys, junk, lawn equipment etc. I need an acre lot with a pole barn  ;D

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
« Reply #14 on: Apr 12, 2016, 20:12:47 »
My wording might not have been the best, I don't doubt there are 350F's that can give the new 300's a good spanking. I don't think the OP has owned a bike and has limited mechanical experience, I may be wrong, but thought if he had something to ride while he searched for a running vintage it would make the whole experience more satisfying. I think he is in a seasonal location and I find prices drop considerably when the snow flies, at least here in the great white north.

Ahh, understood... Perhaps it was my error.

Offline BazookaFiero

• "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds"
« Reply #15 on: Apr 12, 2016, 20:55:39 »

I'll agree to that. If this is your first road bike, I'd find something running. You don't know how much that bike needs to drive safely again (looks like a lot), and if it starts to drag on, you might end up regretting it because you can't ride. If you are leaning towards a newer bike, I'd go that route too. Old bikes usually need more upkeep to run well.

On the other hand, older bikes are great learning tools, so if you are looking to get into bikes but aren't afraid to spend some time and money learning, then an old bike might be just the ticket.
Honda CB200T / CB350 x 2
Yamaha xj650 / xs400 / xv500 / xj500
Suzuki gs750 / gs1000L
Chaparral st80 bullet x 4