www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Bell Custom 500 helmets vs Biltwell helmets  (Read 34070 times)

Offline Green Goblin

Re: Bell Custom 500 helmets vs Biltwell helmets
« Reply #30 on: Jun 21, 2011, 23:45:32 »
I've tried on a Bell 500 and I own a Rockhard America.  I have a small-to-medium sized head and found that the Bell 500 look absolutely horrible compared to the Rockhard.  Both are DOT approved, but my only concern is that Bell is a massive company with lots of racing history and advanced technology that goes into their helmets.  Rockhard... well I don't really know their story.

Anyways, for me personally, (everyone's heads are different, and everyone has different opinions on what level of bobble-head is acceptable) I would not purchase a Bell 500.  It just looked to tall.  It fits ok on the sides, but there is alot of padding on top that makes the helmet look bigger than it actually is.  Hope that helps.

Offline jackditch

« Reply #31 on: Oct 16, 2011, 11:32:32 »
Thought I'd throw in pics of the Biltwell novelty fitment since mine came in the mail yesterday:

that's a good fit for silverstonepgt. ive tried the bell 500 custom hoping for a good fit but with a slim melon like mine, it makes me look like the great gazoo. searching out biltwell's now.

'69 CL350 Scrambler

Offline valvesprung

« Reply #32 on: Nov 04, 2011, 13:46:31 »
I also have a very slim and long head and have to wear an XL in most cases because of it. I bought a Fulmer V2 and it looked rediculous on me, but great on the dude I sold it to...go figure...
'79 KZ650SR (the show pony)
'97 Buell S3
1980 XS850

Offline USMCRIDER

« Reply #33 on: Nov 06, 2011, 11:10:12 »
I have the Bell 500.  It does look a little bit big on my head but it's snug and comfortable. The only problem I have with it is that I've only had it a few months and the chrome is coming off the plastic trim piece that goes all around the rim.  Anybody here redo helmets know a good place to order the helmet trim?
77 XS400

Offline crackerman

• 79' KZ750 builds
« Reply #34 on: Nov 06, 2011, 21:37:23 »
Rocking the Bell 500 Orange that I use almost daily. I took a guess and went with a medium and it fits perfect. Only issue is highway speed 60mph and up, the helmet's got to be tight or it pulls up. Not the best for highway speeds but I don't ride the highway that much anyway.

sovern

« Reply #35 on: Nov 08, 2012, 23:28:25 »
I have a Bell500 black flake. I recently lost 80lbs and I look ridiculous with this helmet now ^ seriously like a spaceman. Looking for a half with leather ear flaps. Really difficult to find that are DOT approved.

Offline sdburge

Bell Custom 500 helmets vs Biltwell helmets
« Reply #36 on: Nov 09, 2012, 00:54:24 »
also, has anyone seen the black shimmer 500 in person? supposedly a limited edition...it looks to have rainbow flake in it. I want a black helmet that is unique but I don't want it to look like something a lady would wear either..lol

man that would match my paint perfect. Not as heavy but my black has rainbow flake.