www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Japan Meets Britain...  (Read 80576 times)

Offline ericngsta

• smallstate
Re: Japan Meets Britain...
« Reply #50 on: Jan 19, 2009, 11:09:03 »
man I wish it was 37 degrees, east coast US has had 10 degree weather for the past 2 weeks....miserable.  Your bike is flawless, verrrrry nice.
kill it with fire.

Offline Vince Lupo

• Ridden Not Trailered!
    • Direction One, Inc.
« Reply #51 on: Mar 12, 2009, 07:41:55 »
Trying to solve a problem that I initially didn't know I had.....

When I bought the bike five years ago, both the front brake cable and speedo cable were zip tied onto the fender stays. I asked my mechanics to see if they could work up a suitable 'fix' for this zip tie situation. Little did I know at the time that the fender stays were supposed to have the metal guides for the two cables (for some reason they were either broken off, or removed by the previous owner - don't ask me why). I had all the custom paint work done, THEN I discovered what the stays were originally supposed to have! So, I lived with my mechanics' fix for the next few years, and gradually grew to dislike the manner in which the cables were routed (the speedo cable in particular, which was routed on the outside of the fender stay). If you look at some of the earlier photos of the bike, you'll see what it looked like before this recent change.

So, rather than go through the time and expense of having the fender and stays done the 'right' way, I came up with my own solution which I am much more pleased with. Plus, it only cost me the price of two plastic Honda cable guides and I did it myself. I also have a grey pair of rubber cable guides, but I like the black ones for now.

The guide on the stay is actually a speedo cable guide that has been re-purposed. It's also clamped on in such a way that it can be easily removed. Much nicer, I think, than the way it was.

Question though:  Should the speedo cable and the front brake cable be the same length, or does it really matter?

I'd love to have the cables routed the 'proper' way with the 'proper' guides, but finances dictate that this be the solution for now. Plus I did it myself, which is a big deal!

Offline clutchslip

« Reply #52 on: Mar 12, 2009, 12:24:45 »
Damn thats nice ,i do like early Hondas.Took my bacon slicers off to fit the big disc on my bonny. i like the goldie type silencers also.

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #53 on: Mar 12, 2009, 14:00:38 »
this sucker is B_E_A_U_T_I_F_U_L!!!!!
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline Vince Lupo

• Ridden Not Trailered!
    • Direction One, Inc.
« Reply #54 on: Mar 12, 2009, 14:38:59 »
Damn thats nice ,i do like early Hondas.Took my bacon slicers off to fit the big disc on my bonny. i like the goldie type silencers also.

Many Thanks!  Yes, I made sure that this creation had some of the big Brit names:  Norman Hyde (silencers), John Tickle (headlight brackets), Bill Selby (bacon cutters), Hagon (shocks), Altette (horn), Stadium (mirror), pedestrian slicer from a pre-unit Triumph, upper shock knobs from a Norton, Amal carbs.  Plus there's even a 1960 Ingersoll Triumph pocket watch on the handlebar mount, so I think the bike is now 50% British. 

Maybe call it a Trinda? 
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2009, 07:27:48 by Vince Lupo »

Offline Vince Lupo

• Ridden Not Trailered!
    • Direction One, Inc.
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2009, 17:31:38 »
A few recent detail shots.....

Hand Painted 'Special' on the headlight

Different view of the Honda logo

My Favourite View!

Offline Vince Lupo

• Ridden Not Trailered!
    • Direction One, Inc.
« Reply #56 on: Jul 06, 2009, 07:34:00 »
Just got the bike back from its latest round of adjustments and fixes.  I had the speedo cable guide on the right fender stay fixed, so it looks much better than before.  As well, I had a chrome chain guard installed on the bike, and it really brightens up that part of the bike.  Bike runs great, and it's ready for the ride out to Mid-Ohio at the end of the month.

Offline Vince Lupo

• Ridden Not Trailered!
    • Direction One, Inc.
« Reply #57 on: Jul 06, 2009, 07:35:22 »
My first attempt at a video. Gives you an idea of the muffler sound:

I'll try a forward looking view next....
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2009, 07:41:58 by Vince Lupo »

Offline Vince Lupo

• Ridden Not Trailered!
    • Direction One, Inc.
« Reply #58 on: Jul 06, 2009, 08:18:09 »
One more rearward looking view....

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #59 on: Jul 06, 2009, 10:25:21 »
What are you using for a camera mount?
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."