www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Are these jackets any good? Picture updates with patches!  (Read 4027 times)

Offline MILLENNIUM FALCON

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I found an "Excelled" Brand (made in USA leather jacket that is supposedly from the 60's. It is in good condition, but I don't know anything about this brand. Does anyone have any comments. Thanks
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2012, 00:01:45 by MILLENNIUM FALCON »

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Are these jackets any good? I hope So........(picture)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2012, 00:46:44 »
Well I dont know if they are any good or not, but I just won the auction on Ebay. i got it for $56. It appears to be in great shape. The liner is in good shape too. All the zippers work. I'm excited!

Offline TonUp

Re: Are these jackets any good?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2012, 21:41:30 »
In my searching for the perfect motorcycle jacket, I've seen several Excelled jackets...and they were OK quality...not Schotts or Vansons, but well made, and with either Scovill or some other US brand of zipper that appeared to be pretty durable

If the jacket fits, for $56, you did well...
Suzuki Bandit 1200
XS650
CB550

Offline DrJ

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2012, 16:45:39 »
Fairly common, not too collectable. Good for sewing on patches and spilling beer.

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2012, 21:15:18 »
Yeah I'm not a collector, I'm was just looking for an old jacket I can wear, and ride my old bike.

Offline Fox

• I've still got those patches...
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2012, 22:05:16 »
Thanks for the post. Been looking for a moderately priced, decently made jacekt. Should set me on my way.
"Don't concentrate on the finger, or you'll miss ALL that heavenly glory."

1975 Honda CL360-Build Thread

Offline -AJ

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2012, 23:40:13 »
i've bought a few, worn a few, and sold a few.  pretty good jacket.

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2012, 00:07:26 »
Thanks for the replies. I just received my jacket in the mail today. It fits and looks great. It needs the dust cleaned off of it and some patches put on it. I will try to get some pics up.

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Are these jackets any good? Picture updates (with patches!)
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2012, 00:13:27 »
Thanks for all the input guys. Here are a few pictures with my patches sewn on. My favorite is probably the Castrol shoulder patch that just got here from England. The only thing the jacket was missing was the main zipper pull, so I used the "record and detach" ignition key tab from my grandads 66' ford pickup (he bought it new back in the day) I might make a custom pull sometime, but I think it looks cool and functions for now I cant wait to go for a ride. Now I just need some gloves to boot. and boots too....no pun intended.  ;D

Offline Fox

• I've still got those patches...
Re: Are these jackets any good? Picture updates with patches!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2012, 00:25:43 »
That looks great. I agree with you on the Castrol patch. Looks like it's straight out of the 50's. Very cool.

Nice job on your serious fabrication work on the zipper pull! Haha, all kidding aside, that's pretty cool. I'd keep it. Makes it your own. Great jacket over all. I like it!
"Don't concentrate on the finger, or you'll miss ALL that heavenly glory."

1975 Honda CL360-Build Thread