www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: '94 CB1000F Endurance Race-Rep  (Read 18832 times)

Offline thejosh

• street urchin cycles
Re: '94 CB1000F Endurance Race-Rep
« Reply #40 on: Nov 13, 2012, 20:12:17 »
Love it! It's great to see another cb1000 here. I just picked up a 95 this summer and am going in a different direction with mine, but I am really looking forward to your endurance racer rep!

You are inspiring me to put up some pics of the work I am doing on my CB.

I am in NYC so come spring when we have both our bikes (and your buddy's) finished we need to go for a Big One ride out!

Keep it up. 

Offline Bobdot

• CB1000 Endurance Racer
« Reply #41 on: Nov 20, 2012, 23:48:07 »
Very cool, I dig the tank graphic.  Good to see another one on the road.

So I think I've decided on the fairing/headlight combo, just need to gather the pieces.

Looking at going with the Airtech "Hammer" half fairing which I'll trim up a bit to my liking:

...and a Honda Ruckus Dual headlight setup:

The Ruckus headlight is nice since its pre-framed, uses modern bulbs, and is finished nice and slim in the back of the bucket so it should fit snug against the fairing.

Also looking into CBR900 gauge clusters to drop nice and low in front of the triple.  They have a good racy look and have the same electronic tach/ mechanical speedo configuration as the CB.  I'm running without a tach now and it would be nice to have it back.  Guess we'll see what Santa brings...  besides a 7 pound child due on Friday...

Offline bradwsm

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #42 on: Nov 21, 2012, 00:31:06 »
Nice! I think the hammer will be cool! I got the windscreen from windscreens.com (i think) there is a link on airtechs site, they make nice stuff. If you start looking into the Rucus lights and they get to complicated or expensive I have found a really easy, and cheap ($80) dual or single solution using Harley davidson lights, let me know and I will take a pick, and parts you need. Keep it up, and congrats on the little one.

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #43 on: Nov 21, 2012, 08:47:26 »
Early congrats on the kid Bobbert!
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #44 on: Nov 21, 2012, 08:57:27 »
Congrats on the bundle of joy coming!  They do require work but are worth every bit of it.  Bike looks good to.

Cheers,

Maritime
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Worst cb650 ever

• You can always get it running with time or money.
« Reply #45 on: Nov 21, 2012, 09:46:09 »
Very cool, I dig the tank graphic.  Good to see another one on the road.

So I think I've decided on the fairing/headlight combo, just need to gather the pieces.

Looking at going with the Airtech "Hammer" half fairing which I'll trim up a bit to my liking:

...and a Honda Ruckus Dual headlight setup:

The Ruckus headlight is nice since its pre-framed, uses modern bulbs, and is finished nice and slim in the back of the bucket so it should fit snug against the fairing.

Also looking into CBR900 gauge clusters to drop nice and low in front of the triple.  They have a good racy look and have the same electronic tach/ mechanical speedo configuration as the CB.  I'm running without a tach now and it would be nice to have it back.  Guess we'll see what Santa brings...  besides a 7 pound child due on Friday...

Holy hell, you just solved my unavailable CBR900rr headlight issue with your Ruckus idea.  Thank you! 

In return, I'll tell you that Airtech is having a 30% off of all fiberglass sale on Black Friday.  So you can have a kid and a fairing on the very same day!
DTT Blue (cause Winter is Coming) CB360 Club.

1995 CBR900RR - a winter flip not worth a DTT writeup - Sold

1986 Yamaha SRX600 - mailed to me from California - build coming soon?

1983 VF750F

1976 CB360T

1993 CBR900RR - Sold

1979 CB650 - Sold

Offline Bobdot

• CB1000 Endurance Racer
« Reply #46 on: Dec 27, 2012, 10:02:16 »
Uh, so, babies are like, time consuming and stuff...

Yea, haven't had much garage time at all in the past month but being stuck in the house all the time has made me an avid craigslist/ebay-er so it looks like some goodies will be on their way in the coming weeks.  Wasn't able to pull the trigger on the Airtech fairing last sale but low and behold they have another 30% off this Friday which also happens to be the day before the anniversary of my earthly existence which in my mind is excuse enough.  Also found a set of undamaged engine cases that I'll be getting and swapping this winter to finally put that little oil weep to rest.

Till next time....

bob.

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #47 on: Dec 27, 2012, 10:07:23 »
Awesome to hear, Bob.

I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #48 on: Dec 27, 2012, 10:33:12 »
Subscribed!
 I loved the Big One when they were new. Yours is looking stellar and can't wait to see where it goes from here!
How's Momma?
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline BigKev

« Reply #49 on: Dec 29, 2012, 07:07:29 »
Bookmarked, keep us updated.

Awesome bike, I like the design idea of yours.
Well shit...