www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Ridding jacket for a Small dude!  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Dingo

• peace and grease
Ridding jacket for a Small dude!
« on: Dec 12, 2012, 01:47:50 »
I'm looking for a new ridding jacket, with decent protection. But thing is, I'm really on the small side like tom cruise short. So buying a jacket is a real PITA, non of them fit! I've even considered something custom, but that's just to expensive.

I looked up the sizing on some brands and seem closer to a youth size than to an adult size.

Anybody got pointers on a specific brand or what to look for?

Offline locO leoN

• administrator
  • Is that the best you got? OK.. now my TURN...
    • DoTheTon
Re: Ridding jacket for a Small dude!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2012, 02:25:18 »
Did you want a rare vintage or a modern with all the armor?

Offline ronnie

• Calm down and sail on
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2012, 10:01:47 »
How short? I'm 5'9" 145lbs and I bought a Vulcan jacket in med.. It's fairly short but fits nice. If you wear a small I'm sure it would be a good jacket to check out, has all the padding and what not. I think they have xs too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HOLD FAST.

"'Today I Learned' that if you're going to drink all day you have to get started early." ~kop

CB350F/400Fpowered  "Dago": http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=35263.msg381531#msg381531

Offline Dingo

• peace and grease
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2012, 11:34:05 »
I'm about 5´6 and around 130 lbs. I'm looking for something not so flashy, doesn´t matter if it's new or vintage, but i do want some protection.

Maybe an older jacket with a spine protector underneath or something like that.

Offline locO leoN

• administrator
  • Is that the best you got? OK.. now my TURN...
    • DoTheTon
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2012, 12:32:04 »
Well, here's what I have

My black/red jacket or black/blue jacket would fit you perfectly.
I'm 5'7 145pounds and it fits great

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=42561.0

Offline Dingo

• peace and grease
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2012, 20:59:09 »
Red one looks nice!

I'm in Mexico though, I'll send you a PM.

Offline ronnie

• Calm down and sail on
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2012, 03:39:05 »
Yea I hear ya,  mine is just black leather.. I don't do flashy either. Check out jamminleather.com they have a couple leather jackets that are nice. They don't have protection though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HOLD FAST.

"'Today I Learned' that if you're going to drink all day you have to get started early." ~kop

CB350F/400Fpowered  "Dago": http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=35263.msg381531#msg381531

Offline swank76

• Chicago Born and Bred!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2012, 23:43:33 »
Ha! I am 5'6" and I wear a 40 suit jacket. I know your pain. Most of the ICON stuff I tried was ridiculously big on me. I had good luck from one of theCycle Gear house brands.
"All of us are lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

Offline f22hb

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2012, 00:27:55 »
5' 5" and 130 here and I haven't even looked at getting new stuff, I lucked out and got my dad's old leather, feels like they used a whole cow to make the thing it's so thick. I also scored a similar one from a local thrift store for only $50 that I feel more comfortable wearing out. On a 70's bike it just feels odd without a real leather jacket.

Offline bwald

« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2013, 16:10:04 »
I'm about 5´6 and around 130 lbs. I'm looking for something not so flashy, doesn´t matter if it's new or vintage, but i do want some protection.

Maybe an older jacket with a spine protector underneath or something like that.

I'm your height and only about 5-10 lbs. heavier, so I understand your problems. Go vintage. If you haven't hit ebay yet, do it. People were generally smaller in decades past, so you might have some luck. I scored a 60's-ish Belstaff Trialmaster on ebay for a song that fits perfectly, and just yesterday I found an old Schott Café jacket at some random "retro" store. The guy at the counter said it had been sitting there for ages since it didn't really fit anyone who was interested in it. Be patient and you'll find something.