www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Norton / Harley Ironhead Cafe Project.. Build thread  (Read 96954 times)

Online Jimbonaut

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Lost Apostle
Re: Norton / Harley Ironhead Cafe Project.. Build thread
« Reply #420 on: May 10, 2019, 11:54:08 »
Pigs can fly!  Bacon prices soar!

Glad the little fella landed safely - with questionable aerodynamics it's always a little unpredictable  ;D
"I'm telling you Donnie, nuthin' but nuthin' but right"

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #421 on: May 10, 2019, 14:36:45 »
I don't think I voted in that bike of the month but I can't imagine another bike I would have voted for. Nicely done! I've been threatening to build one for decades but likely never will, your project is very inspirational though.

Thanks for the thumbs up, if you can restore an old Ducati Desmo, I'm sure you can manage to build something like mine.

Currently having problems trying to find another Lithium Ion battery as small as the Ballistic I was using that will start the bike, as the Ballistic is dead as a dodo. It seems Ballistic have gone out of business. There's not a lot of room under the seat and the tray was made to take the impressively small and powerful Ballistic Evo 8 cell battery. I've rigged up a bigger Shido Lithium battery but that struggles to turn the engine over..

Oh and the clutch slave from a Honda Blackbird I bought used, has decided to leak.. sigh .. :(

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #423 on: Jun 10, 2019, 19:07:27 »
I was surprised to find a new starter motor for sale in the UK, so promptly bought it (probably the only one out there) which arrived today, total cost 136 with free postage.. not too bad.

Soon had it fitted and with fingers crossed I hit the starter button.. thankfully the engine turned over ok and the electrics behaved themselves. Phew! But I cant try and start it yet, as the clutch slave cylinder is off the bike as it's leaking and needs a rebuild kit.

I also need to buy a new Lithium battery which needs to be small enough to fit where the old Ballistic battery went and powerful enough to start the engine. Found what's needed.. made by Anti Gravity, but at 200 it'll have to wait a few weeks.

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #424 on: Jul 17, 2019, 04:59:24 »
After countless problems and delays, the engine finally runs. I found a HT lead tracking, so with new leads fitted and a jump start from the car, it finally burst into life.. you can hear it fire up here..
https://youtu.be/_eKwRJiZ534?t=643

Offline grandpaul

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Author, "Old Bikes"
    • Born Again Bikes
« Reply #425 on: Jul 17, 2019, 12:24:00 »
Anti-Gravity are excellent, at a price!

Good to hear it go...
It ain't braggin' if ya done it.

Offline pidjones