www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: My ugly BMW k100  (Read 12893 times)

Offline Finnigan

Re: My ugly BMW k100
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 12:54:11 »
headers, exhaust, headlight went on last night

Offline Finnigan

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 14:30:44 »
First ride with the new exhaust and I couldnt be happier with performance.  The engine feels smooth and of course the sound is a big improvement.  I took off 2 discs to increase backpressure and the rev range is MUCH improved.  If anyone is thinking of getting a supertrapp muffler I highly recommend it!

Offline Finnigan

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 14:53:21 »
Burned out and dim green gauge lights to bright red LEDs

Offline Finnigan

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 15:59:00 »
Fitted the GSXR front end last night

Offline DesmoBro

• Busted Nut
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 19:14:36 »
Very cool .....so far you've seemed to wipe off quite a bit of the ugly
"I desire the things that will destroy me in the end"

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Earache my eye...
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 08:38:07 »
Very cool .....so far you've seemed to wipe off quite a bit of the ugly
Agreed, looking rather muscular instead of fat.
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, why don’t you just make sure that you’re just not in fact surrounded by a bunch of assholes, alright?”

JAILBAIT '67 BSA 441 Victor Roadster
STAY CLEAN '67 BSA Spitfire
ROCK-IT '81 CB750C
BOMBER '81 GL1100
OVERKILL '80 GS750
NO CLASS '72 CB450 K5

Offline Finnigan

« Reply #16 on: Jun 02, 2014, 12:48:38 »
Macheined up some aluminum spacers for the front wheel, snug as a bug

Offline ssj_gill

« Reply #17 on: Jun 06, 2014, 06:56:49 »
looking great! I'm doing pretty much the same cafe conversion to my dads old K100LT so i'll definitely be keeping a close eye on you for hints and tips ;)

couple of quickies though if you dont mind?
1.) when swapping out the injectors is it literally a straight swap? or are there other limiting factors? i.e. will the bike run too rich etc?
2.) did you face any difficulties with the GSXR front end? i love the idea of this but i'm just cautious about the work involved interms of the triple trees and bearing etc. as well as fork length
3.) have you thought about swapping out the final drive for that of a k100 RS? i hear it can give the bike a little more uuumph

Offline Finnigan

« Reply #18 on: Jun 06, 2014, 13:47:00 »
Hey Gill,

Thanks for the encouragement.

1.) The injectors were very east to pull out and swap with new ones.  I didn't notice any fuel mixture problems at all, the purpose of putting in new injectors is not for more fuel, but a better delivery.  For example there are 4 smaller holes instead of 1 large hole, atomizing the fuel for a more complete burn. (or so I've heard)!  In addition the  new injectors were flow synced to each other so fuel going into each cylinder is identical, in case the 24 year old injectors developed problems
2.) The GSXR front end was incredibly easy to put in, I thought I'd have more difficulties.  You can use the stock bearing races, order some AllBallz bearings with the diameter changes, and put the supplied spacers on the bottom of the stem to get close to the correct height then torque it all together to squeeze the bottom bearing into the correct position.  All in all if there are any issues, I haven't encountered them yet!
3.)If i remember correctly the RS final drive has a 12% difference so that's not something I'm willing to spend the time and money on.  I WOULD however be interested in puttin a k1100 paralever final drive on to eliminate the drive splines tearing apart.

Let me know if you have any questions and start a build thread so we can follow along!

Offline Finnigan

« Reply #19 on: Jul 23, 2014, 20:39:03 »
Wheels before and after