www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: My ugly BMW k100  (Read 12896 times)

Offline rbass87

Re: My ugly BMW k100
« Reply #40 on: Sep 18, 2014, 01:13:58 »
I just picked up a k100 as well! I have no idea what to do with it as yet though... Just wondering where you got the injectors from, I cleaned out the tank cause it hasnt been running in a long time, but it still runs like shit and blows a heap of smoke. Injectors might be the next step

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline Finnigan

« Reply #41 on: Sep 18, 2014, 14:20:49 »
I just picked up a k100 as well! I have no idea what to do with it as yet though... Just wondering where you got the injectors from, I cleaned out the tank cause it hasnt been running in a long time, but it still runs like shit and blows a heap of smoke. Injectors might be the next step

Injectors were from ebay, i can try looking in my history to see what buyer but it was some time ago.  The smoke could go away the more you ride it, i know mine started running sweet after a few days on the road.  Make sure to check your tires!

Offline rbass87

« Reply #42 on: Sep 18, 2014, 18:40:40 »
Injectors were from ebay, i can try looking in my history to see what buyer but it was some time ago.  The smoke could go away the more you ride it, i know mine started running sweet after a few days on the road.  Make sure to check your tires!

I had a bit of a look and found a loose earth, the thing is running sweet as now! All I need to do is whack a new battery in it and then happy days. Haha yeah the tyres are hammered so ill need new ones there. The smoke has settled down a fair bit, I still have ridden it yet, so surely itll get better again

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #43 on: Sep 19, 2014, 08:19:47 »
Kays blow more smoke than a James Bond movie car IF left on ther side stand ....... just saying. ;)
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"

Offline rbass87

« Reply #44 on: Sep 22, 2014, 00:48:17 »
Haha well I thought the smoke had cleared up, but I just rode mine round the block a few times and it came back smoky as! And the clutch slips...

Offline bfriesen

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 08:10:08 »
Hey just wanting to get some more info on your fork swap. Did you use the same bearings and everything? pretty much bolted it straight on? Any info would be great

Offline Finnigan

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2016, 14:26:18 »
I THINK I used different bearings, the stem fits well for length, the forks hit on the tank at extreme turning angles.

Offline Ben86

« Reply #47 on: Jun 10, 2016, 19:44:47 »
Any idea if you can remember what gsxr the fork were from. Been researching and seems only the 1100 will do because of length but did you use other ones. Cheers

Offline Finnigan

« Reply #48 on: Jun 12, 2016, 00:24:11 »
I didn't pay attention to the length, I just put them on

Offline revrdmark

« Reply #49 on: Aug 06, 2016, 22:36:44 »
Just starting a 87 K100 build myself and love what you have done!  I'll add my  follow up questions  too lol I saw the  K1100 rear wheel swap. Was that a straight swap over of did you have to swap the whole final drive?

I love the GSXR forks.  From my research  it seems that the '94 Gixxer forks were the longest and the closest match to the BMW  original length.  You said that you got bearings from AllBalls  and that there was a supplied spacer? So am I right in reading that the  Gixxer triple tree was longer than the head of the K100? and you just   filled in the gap with a spacer between the bottom bracket and the head piece?

Last question... for now...  the super trapp exhaust looks great too.   Did you custom make a  4-1  piece to fit the trap or was there one a available for the diamond pattern of the k100 4 pipe exhaust?

Love the  look of it  and great to see another K100 here.