www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: A Blast from the Past  (Read 8551 times)

Online stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
Re: A Blast from the Past
« Reply #20 on: Jul 04, 2015, 21:53:03 »
A brilliant rebuild!

Crazy
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #21 on: Jul 13, 2015, 17:44:30 »
What's that saying.. ''One mans junk is another mans treasure''... in this case its true. A friend of mine mentioned he had a friend (John) who had some stuff that may be of interest for the Honda build. The other day I drove down to visit John (who is an engineer at Bentley in Crewe), and after checking out his workshop and cool turbo Kawasaki's, drinking tea and chatting away for an hour, he gave me a box of various used Gpz 750 Turbo pistons for free. 

Although some are beyond use, there are enough to make up a couple of decent pairs, which will take the Honda out to 370cc. Being Turbo pistons they should survive a little longer in the blown motor..

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #22 on: Aug 08, 2015, 07:05:12 »
The Mercedes SLK supercharger new end case has been welded and machined, while the other end (the drive side) has a new billet case too. The rotors went back in with new bearings and spin nicely now. The next step is to make the inlet manifold which will connect the blower to the engine, which has been started.. 

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #23 on: Jun 01, 2016, 21:37:01 »
Found this old video I took on the day the Honda came into the workshop, so I posted it up on youtube...

And the reason the Honda hasn't made much progress recently, is due to this taking up every spare hour in the workshop..

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #24 on: Jun 09, 2016, 19:17:26 »
Since we are working on a different Blast from the Past project this year, I'll keep it in this thread for now. So here's part 2 of the Spares Bike, a retro Z1100 based supercharged drag bike we are building from all our spare parts..

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #25 on: Jun 18, 2016, 17:24:49 »
Making good progress for a change, it wont last, so while things are going well, here are a couple of vids showing what we've been busy doing...

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #26 on: Jul 23, 2016, 19:28:57 »
Next couple of updates ..

Offline Bevelheadmhr

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #27 on: Nov 26, 2016, 12:41:10 »
We've not had much time to work on the 'Spares Bike', so progress has been slow, but progress none the less, so here's the latest updates..

Offline cobraace2

« Reply #28 on: Dec 17, 2016, 22:33:00 »
Fantastic keep it coming