www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Doctor Funk, or, the strangest CT90 you've ever seen  (Read 3795 times)

Offline advCo

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Nick Ol' Eye
    • adventur Studios
Re: Doctor Funk, or, the strangest CT90 you've ever seen
« Reply #40 on: Jul 26, 2017, 13:09:02 »
I trimmed and connected the throttle cable last night. The outer jacket on the existing cable is in 2 pieces held together by some electrical tape (lol, sounds about right) so I need to run a different cable eventually - the throttle doesn't snap shut due to binding somewhere along the way. Its short enough that I should be able to put a new jacket on the inner cable and hopefully fixes my issue.

Gave it a few kicks last night but I think my timing is off from when I pulled the top end.

Did some research and it looks like with the stock carb and 54mm kit I will need to be at about an #80 on the main jet. Can't find these jets anywhere so I'm going to have it drilled.

Offline advCo

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Nick Ol' Eye
    • adventur Studios
Re: Doctor Funk, or, the strangest CT90 you've ever seen
« Reply #41 on: Jul 26, 2017, 16:47:57 »
Got this thing running again on the stock carb. It runs pretty good, had to back the idle screw out ~2 turns to get it to idle right without dying.

I'm still hearing a terrible knock when I get it into 3rd gear in the High range on the transmission, and there's basically nothing over 3/4 throttle. Even if I choke it at WOT it doesn't balance out, so I don't think its running too lean. Seems to pull ok through the gears in Low range, but if I crack the throttle going uphill or anything other than flat I get that ugly knocking sound. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON