www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: YZF750/1000R - The Fly  (Read 45677 times)

Offline clem

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • static fluff
Re: YZF750/1000R - The Fly
« Reply #390 on: Today at 14:49:12 »
I'm in.....again. The track is addictive. I've been considering selling my RD350 to buy a small bore dedicated track bike. I'd rather focus on coner speed and consistency from lap to lap vs having a screaming 600cc trying to destroy me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

"After every war there are soldiers who refuse to surrender. To this day there are still thousands who cling to their 30+ year old motorcycles, thinking that the war is still on, refusing to concede that the four-strokes have won"

1972 DS7 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45886.msg505995#msg505995
1983 CB550sc bobber http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=30599.30

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #391 on: Today at 15:58:03 »
I'm in.....again. The track is addictive. I've been considering selling my RD350 to buy a small bore dedicated track bike. I'd rather focus on coner speed and consistency from lap to lap vs having a screaming 600cc trying to destroy me.

My goal is skills improvement too but I want to do it on a screaming 750 that is trying to destroy me.  Man vs Beast.

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #392 on: Today at 16:39:46 »
Hooray for Track bikes!

I hope this doesn't end in tears....

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #393 on: Today at 19:13:28 »
You would rather do it on a 1000cc bike that revs almost as high?  I can respect that approach. 

My reflexes are not good enough to arrive at corners at warp speed anymore.  That's where a CB160 comes in handy.  Lots of time to think and meditate and contemplate the next corner which will arrive any minute now. :-)

The only suggestion I would make is to stock up on consumables like bars and levers and footpegs and get case covers/savers because gravity will kick in at the most inconvenient times. Having a spares kit, allows you to kick it straight, replace necessary parts and get back to the fun.

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
« Reply #394 on: Today at 20:08:43 »
You would rather do it on a 1000cc bike that revs almost as high?  I can respect that approach. 
The track was setup for their short course so I literally ran the whole track in only 2nd gear.   The ZRX is easy like that with wide a torque range but it also a bit less nimble than I'd like.  It's my baby, I've owned it since it came off the showroom floor and I know how I'll feel if I drop it.

My reflexes are not good enough to arrive at corners at warp speed anymore.  That's where a CB160 comes in handy.  Lots of time to think and meditate and contemplate the next corner which will arrive any minute now. :-)

Lol.  I am not fast.  I'm faster than a CB160 but probably only in the straights.... 

The only suggestion I would make is to stock up on consumables like bars and levers and footpegs and get case covers/savers because gravity will kick in at the most inconvenient times. Having a spares kit, allows you to kick it straight, replace necessary parts and get back to the fun.

Yep, I've got enough for a slide or two and then some.  I'm a fan of the nylon bobbin style frame, wheel and swingarm sliders.  I'll order up a load of stuff once I see if this engine is a go.  I've ordered the minimum amount of stuff necessary so far but I'm waiting on a few small consumables like o-rings and exhaust gaskets.  This bike seems to have been a CA model.  The thermostat manifold is different on this one vs. the others.  The stock exhaust collector is slightly different too. 

« Last Edit: Today at 20:14:22 by canyoncarver »