Aussie Bob - CB175 Bobber

lovell

G'day all, I've been on the site for a while now and was really impressed and inspired by many of your bikes, so I thought that I would attempt to build my own cool little bike.

The original plan was a full Cafe Racer, however this evolved into a Bobber as the project was half way through.

I found an old rusted, non running 1970 CB 175 on ebay for $410 and picked her up on April Fools day this year. Now 4 months later, it' finished and just passed its registration inspection today. woooo hooooo.

Here is a link to some before and after pic's of her, let me know what you think !

http://onyourbike.com.au/oyb/Photos/Pages/Weeks_9_-_10.html

Attachments

• IMG_0104.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0035.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0106.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 306
Here is a couple of other angles.

Attachments

• IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0108.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 325
Very nice indeed, liking the clean lines of it a lot. Just wondering about that front tyre, looks as though you've got it on the wrong way for the direction of the tread...you'll be sucking any water directly into the centre of the tyre and not dispersing it out to the side. Otherwise its a beauty!

Cheers - boingk

Thanks

I thought the same thing about the front tyre, however it has direction marks going that way (different depending if mounted on a front wheel or rear)

This looks great and it's giving me ideas for the bratty build I'm working on.

Did you do the seat yourself? It looks really slick.

Thanks for the feedback,

As for the seat, I took it back to the bare pan, and shortened the front and back, and then mounted the tail light into it, then just took it to a local auto trimmer to have him put it back together.

Does anyone know what type of carby these 175's have in them ? I need to get some larger main jets, but I cant tell for the life of me if they are Keihin or Mikuni's.

I've moved the needle clip down to the bottom position, which seems better, but she's lean on the top end, so I want to try some 100's and 102's unless anyone has some good set up advice for Pod filters and fairly open pipes.

Cheers

Here is a link to some video of her running for the first time, not bad but still need to sort out the carb tunning.

http://www.onyourbike.com.au/oyb/Videos/Pages/CB_Finished.html

lovell said:
Thanks for the feedback,

As for the seat, I took it back to the bare pan, and shortened the front and back, and then mounted the tail light into it, then just took it to a local auto trimmer to have him put it back together.

Does anyone know what type of carby these 175's have in them ? I need to get some larger main jets, but I cant tell for the life of me if they are Keihin or Mikuni's.

...I believe they're Mikunis but I'm unsure of the model #. If you find out which 24mm carbs will fit, let me know. I found out that Keihin PE24s will fit but they're too pricey for me.. nice bike.

Awesome looking bike! Have you checked out bratstyle.com? Bike def. fits that mold. You did a real nice Job!

hey i recognise those garage doors!!!

Finished-015.jpg

yep we are neighbours and as soon as mine is registered its a race to the local cafe, cant wait...

haha nice - where's that? parkville? looks like the area near my old high school.
i'm not too far from there either.

Im working on my masonry ticket & when I get it, Im heading to auz/nz for work/adventure. So jealous you have a evenly matched racing neighbor! Whos the victor?

can we get some more info on the bike? Bigger photos? Id love to see more. I really like the supersport tank. Sleek

Hi guys and thanks for your interest in my bike.

The pics I posted were just prior to having it all finished, so it now has a set of pipes on it.

Here is a youtube link to the finished product;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ7d4R4cJkY

Also here is another link to a website that I've posted pic's during the build from Day 1 and then every week or so up to now if your interested;

http://www.onyourbike.com.au/oyb/Photos/Photos.html

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom