Flying J CB550 Atomic #13 DONE! Vote at BOTM

Re: CB550 alloy sprint

just an update for anybody following i have the wheels back on the bike. I have finished the mounting of the seat and im just trimming the seat pan down to size. Just need to pull the motor back out and take the bike to the upholstery guy to have the seat done. He is going to be doing my CB125 seat as well. I have alll my calipers polished up. I also have almost everything i need to rebuild my big bore motor.
IMG_9722.jpg

caliperscb550.jpg

Rocker arms back from being performance coated.
IMAG0213.jpg

holy wow man, that is a brilliant polishing job you've done there! Bike's looking gorgeous, keep it up!

Well after much distraction by my other build "big blue" i am back at it on the 550. Bike is in the upholstery shop getting a seat made and the motor is...well... apart.
IMAG0354.jpg

MotorbikeBruno said:
How the EF did you get all of the caliper polished up that nicely!?? Well done. Looks great.

+1!!

Cmon ffj, spill the beans!

Lovin this build, not sure how I missed it, but the workmanship is stellar. Keep up the great work.

Big Rich said:
+1!!

Cmon ffj, spill the beans!
I have polished parts on y harborfeight buffer with pretty good results but there are a few nooks and crannies that are hard to get on hubs and calipers so i took them to a guy who does chrome plating and aluminum polishing. He is well worth the money as you can see. There is no way to get them looking that good on the equipment i have.

Rattlecan said:
Lovin this build, not sure how I missed it, but the workmanship is stellar. Keep up the great work.
Thanks, I love those pipes you had cut. I would like to get the program to draw out the different sections so i could build pipes for my other bikes. Build a few sets and then my tig skills would be greatly improved.

I bought the pipes from a guy named Walms on the Kawi Triples board. I think he may be a member here as well.
I can ask him what program he used to draw them up, he has all kind of pipes for kawi's but not sure if he has any designs for anything else. I know that Squirly has a set on his H1 build as well.
They definately helped me hone in my tig welding skills but I still have a lot to learn. I', actually thinking about taking a tig course, as everything I know about it is self taught and youtube.

Thats funny. Im the same way. A lot of parts on this bike are alloy so i bought a tig and just went to town. Squirley has built a few really nice bikes.

I absolutely love that tank. and once you have those pipes on, it will look crazy good! great work man, your an inspiration!

This is cooool!

I too am fortunate to have a buddy with a small shop and a hand at aluminum, which he swears by...
I'm going a hand shaped aluminum pan/cowl combo aswell for my build.

hey buddy, i'm getting my build going again, were did you get your rocker arms coated? let me know if you need anything anodized I get killer deals at anotech
awesome build!

came across this beamer pic that reminded me of your ride, not as nice as yours but nice

Attachments

• 20_07_2011_bmw_R80_cafe_racer_01-540x405.jpg
    20_07_2011_bmw_R80_cafe_racer_01-540x405.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 220
Back
Top Bottom