Kawasaki KH100's

Aido

Some pics and some details.
I have 3 of them in the garage. Blue one is mine. Orange one is a mates. Red one was mine but has now been sold and is awaiting pickup.
For simplicity I'll point out the things done on #17 - too much to mention to go through all three of them.

z250 front forks
Z250 front caliper and MC
KH100 front wheel with spindle machined to suit
KH100 front disc
Tingate clipons
KH125 rear shocks - till either cash or something better comes along
Dunlop tt900 tyres - not ideal due to they're profile and being changed to Michelin M45's
Numourous front and rear sprockets
KH125 duck tail with a crudely fashioned seat pan
Custom made exhaust
KV100 barrel with extensive porting, decked and spaced to alter port timing and squish. The KV or KE barrel is preferable because it is alloy, much lighter and dissipates the heat better during sustained high revs.
KX80 Electronic Ignition
Yamaha Kart piston
Yamaha rod
TM28 flatslide carb
Removed kickstart and oil pump
zxr250053Standarde-mailview.jpg

zxr250054Standarde-mailview.jpg

zxr250059Standarde-mailview.jpg

zxr250034Standarde-mailview.jpg

harbortown003Standarde-mailview.jpg

Very cool bikes. I have a MC1, 90cc that I have thought would make a nice little racer. Your bikes give me many ideas and inspiration.

...and that is why I want to get into bucket racing! Those are some darn fine machines there aido.

Whats top whack on one of those little beauties?

- boingk

boingk said:
...and that is why I want to get into bucket racing! Those are some darn fine machines there aido.

Whats top whack on one of those little beauties?

- boingk
Not sure on top speed at all. I know that they make about 100db and have a resonant frequency close to the brown note when on song!
Gearing calculator says they are good for 174kmh an hour at best - Takes a long straight like PI to get there though. Don't do PI though cause it is murderous on buckets. Plus I'm an FB and so I would never expect to see that.

Those are the cats ass right there. What do those look like stock? You have any video of them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyNq_UK0OBQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fkh100bucket.blogspot.com%2F&feature=player_embedded#t=32
or my shamozzle of record keeping
http://kh100bucket.blogspot.com/

they should start every advertising seminar with that ad. jeeze just blatant message, but hell i wanna buy one of those whatever they are selling, looks fun
!!!!

#17 looks pretty rad. I want to build something similar out of an old german scoot I found. thanks for more inspiration!

Aido said:
Some pics and some details.
I have 3 of them in the garage. Blue one is mine. Orange one is a mates. Red one was mine but has now been sold and is awaiting pickup.

I really like what I see. The rotor valve with the flat slide hanging out and the expansion chamber reminds me of the 350 Big Horns that were made into flattrack bikes in the U.S. back in the 1970s. There used to be, and may stll be a 100 flat track class running the Kawasaki 100s.

The Big Horns would have a huge 38 Mikuni hanging out on the right side with a K&N air filter and some cut up plastic bottle for a dirt shield on the end of it. One guy I knew did up a street tracker like that back in the late 70s. Looked absolutely gorgeous.

Here's the only picture of one that I've found on line.

bikepics-1783531-full.jpg

Saw a 350 on Craigs list for 250 bucks and thought about it, but I have no place to put it and need to do the 500 before any more projects come up.

After looking at and loading that picture, I may have to see if I can get that craigs list ad again...

klx678 said:
I really like what I see. The rotor valve with the flat slide hanging out and the expansion chamber reminds me of the 350 Big Horns that were made into flattrack bikes in the U.S. back in the 1970s. There used to be, and may stll be a 100 flat track class running the Kawasaki 100s.

The Big Horns would have a huge 38 Mikuni hanging out on the right side with a K&N air filter and some cut up plastic bottle for a dirt shield on the end of it. One guy I knew did up a street tracker like that back in the late 70s. Looked absolutely gorgeous.

Here's the only picture of one that I've found on line.

bikepics-1783531-full.jpg

Saw a 350 on Craigs list for 250 bucks and thought about it, but I have no place to put it and need to do the 500 before any more projects come up.

After looking at and loading that picture, I may have to see if I can get that craigs list ad again...
A 350 here in Aus cant be had for love nor money.
No not true to get one you would have to sell alot of love for money to get one in any condition.
Have got a couple of bits and pieces kicking around and when I get a few other things completed I am going to put together a 100 flat tracker for sure. Standby for the Flat Rat ;)

Hey Aido,
Better dig me up another kh mate, after seeing the flat tracker (#122), I desperately want to build one too.
Again, sweet work on the buckets.

Cheers Jase

Blue bike #17 now for sale for those in OZ interested - or OS if your that keen!
Comes with a heap of spares
$1500 for the bike alone with its matched pistons, rings (wiseco and KHI) etc etc or $2000 with approx 9 spare engines to rat for parts and pieces plus all other KH100, KV100, KE100 related parts kicking around the garage - 1 rolling frame of each model.
Tanks, bodywork, bars, levers, cables, carbs, electrics, wheels,engine covers, clutches. There is so much out there I have no idea of everything. Possibly try to lay it all out and photograph it all on the weekend.
I cant be bothered Ebaying it all piece by piece and besides it is a collection of useful parts that should stay together anyway.
Call me 0408 378 708
Email adrnlws@bigpond.net.au
Reply to this post or PM
If your interested.

The orange bike stays (belongs to a mate) and the red one is already sold.

Time to rationalize and focus on one thing at a time ::)

Cheers
Aido

i might be up for the KE100 rolling frame plus some bits- PM me what you're after
i'm loving the blue one but want something i can work up myself.

Would prefer to "Job lot" it all
But if you are local and want to collect then $50 sees the KE roller go your way and you can sift through whatever else you may want.
You do know the KE is a trail bike and cannot be road registered yeah?

Aido said:
Blue bike #17 now for sale for those in OZ interested - or OS if your that keen!
Comes with a heap of spares
$1500 for the bike alone with its matched pistons, rings (wiseco and KHI) etc etc or $2000 with approx 9 spare engines to rat for parts and pieces plus all other KH100, KV100, KE100 related parts kicking around the garage - 1 rolling frame of each model.
Tanks, bodywork, bars, levers, cables, carbs, electrics, wheels,engine covers, clutches. There is so much out there I have no idea of everything. Possibly try to lay it all out and photograph it all on the weekend.
I cant be bothered Ebaying it all piece by piece and besides it is a collection of useful parts that should stay together anyway.
Call me 0408 378 708
Email adrnlws@bigpond.net.au
Reply to this post or PM
If your interested.

The orange bike stays (belongs to a mate) and the red one is already sold.

Time to rationalize and focus on one thing at a time ::)

Cheers
Aido

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Aido! Mate, whats going on?????????????????
I nearly fell off the chair when I read you're last post. I will def catch up before you sell the lot mate, but also to pick you're brain, you are an encyclopedia on these little bastards!!!

Aido, are you going to the bike show on the weekend? (jeffs shed) if you are, would love to catch up.

Cheers mate, Jase :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'(

nah, i didnt know that... thanks for the heads up.
if you can't get rid of it in a job lot, i'll put dibs on your spare roller KH. My storage/garage is in Caroline springs so I'm not far either.
If it ain't gone by next weekend, I'll give you a bell.

Garage Sale this coming Sunday.
Jase I know your in.
Seb if your interested come by.
I will have the whole lot spread out to sort it all anyway - there are some things I need to find and keep. At the moment I just cant see the forest for the trees so you blokes are welcome to poke through it all - no offer refused ;)

Back
Top Bottom