200 kicker

supercafe

Coast to Coast
hey there,

i just came across this thread. i am going to start posting in here for now.
so the next pics will be on so.
alittle on the bike, it is a 1980 cm200t. with an up graded 1981 12v engine and harness.
got the bike for 100$. cut the rear end off and removed the springs. added square tube for the
ridged rear. welded and ground and then started the painting.
that is where i am now.
i'll get some pics here soon.
thanks.

I am thinking the CM has finally found a home on this board. After being kind of a misfit in the cafe builds, i think it's style will fit in better as a bobber. I know I am thinking about it, especially with all the bobber excitement these days. Can't wait to see more of yours!

cool, i agree with you on that, the cm's are abit of a misfit collection.
i believe that they make a good bobber, either 200 or 400 etc.
any way, i'll post some pics soon.
thanks.later.

hello,

i have some pics for the post
here are some, will give more updated pics tommarrow.
cm200t016.jpg

cm200t014.jpg

cm200t019.jpg

cm200t020.jpg

cm200t023.jpg

these are from last week, i'll have some new tommarow.
later.

sweet man. i hope you put some padding on that seat. i have a hard tail with a seat with 1" of pad and my nuts still get beat up and fall asleep lol

hey man,

i am deciding if i want to go with a springer seat or not, marc is hopfully showing me his and how it sits on his cm. the original plan was to just keep it hard tail and use about 1-2 inch pad.
it is still up in the air.. would like more input from you guys, to see what you think.
thanks
later.

hey there,

just a written up date. i did install or make a springer seat put 2 inch springs on. found them at a shop in brockville, 13 $.
i've changed the flat black paint job to gun metal frame and swing arm. tank, head light pot and accessory's gloss black. looks cool. like the stance with the seat. also put the apes on and painted them gun metal aswell as the controls. painted the rim in center red and left a polished lip and the spokes were left alone. painted the brake side of the hubs black and thats it for paint.

i will hopfully get some pics up soon, i think it looks great for a little bike.
any way, thanks
later.

hey... that a cool little bobber!!..
Can we get a side profile pics when its all back together again?!!..

hey man, thanks.

i have it back together, painted etc.
apes are on it now. i have pics need to post them. its been raining here so there inside pics, the lighting is not great.
i'll post some pics of the forks up at close to normal, and then when it is droped down, would like your input on the stances if you don't mind?

any way, hows yours going??
and how much for the xs650??

thanks, later.

hey there,

have new pics, they are before the springer seat which i made, used 2 inch springs.
secured the sportster tank and added new petcock. new paint on frame, bars, controls, and rims. going to get new red grips to match the rims.
chain and sprockets are good, and brakes are new. all i have to get are new tires for riding, the ones on will pass the saftey.
any way, here are some pics, i will post some later aswell with the forks droped down, to see what ya think, these ones have the forks at normal stance.
tell me what you think.
cm200tbobber001.jpg

cm200tbobber002.jpg

cm200tbobber003.jpg

cm200tbobber004.jpg

cm200tbobber005.jpg

cm200tbobber006.jpg

cm200tbobber012.jpg

cm200tbobber013.jpg

cm200tbobber014.jpg

cm200tbobber015.jpg

thanks man,

i have some with the seat on, looks killer with it.
i made it out of stainless checker plate need to curve it, and might not wrap it..
i'll post them some time today.
thanks,
later.

thanks,

its not done, but i think i want to unload it before the winter, trade it for a bigger bike.
350-500cc.

any takers?????????????????????
i think i have the chance to trade it for a yammer 360, dt 400, but there dirt bikes.
can i put lights and get it road worthy????????????????????
can you convert dirt to road????
any way, if there are any takers let me know.
later.

supercafe said:
thanks,

its not done, but i think i want to unload it before the winter, trade it for a bigger bike.
350-500cc.

any takers?????????????????????
i think i have the chance to trade it for a yammer 360, dt 400, but there dirt bikes.
can i put lights and get it road worthy????????????????????
can you convert dirt to road????
any way, if there are any takers let me know.
later.

Hey Supercafe! What did you do with your 175?

I sold mine a couple months ago for 1200$ ! Broke even for 2 summers of riding, and picked up an XS650 to do a bratstyle, Ièm actually going for something similar to your 200.

Nice find. Can't wait to see how this turns out

whats up magnang,
thanks.
i traded my 175 to Chevans on the forum for her cb500, same year.
it is not running right now but i'm in the middle of frame and chrome work/polishing.
i'll be posting as soon as i have some time. love the bike, i think it was well worth the loss i took on the cd175. it will be 4 times the bike, well it already is (lol), make that 6 times the bike.
any way, i am looking to unload the 200, hoping to get a parts bike from kevin on the forum.
would like to keep it and finish it, but need room and need some 500 parts.
hows the 650 coming?? have you started yet??
what are the plans on it, hard tail or springer seat??
they make a real good hard tail add on for those frames, looks awesome.
any way, post some pics when your on the go, would like to see it, my next project will be a xs650.
later.

supercafe said:
whats up magnang,
thanks.
i traded my 175 to Chevans on the forum for her cb500, same year.
it is not running right now but i'm in the middle of frame and chrome work/polishing.
i'll be posting as soon as i have some time. love the bike, i think it was well worth the loss i took on the cd175. it will be 4 times the bike, well it already is (lol), make that 6 times the bike.
any way, i am looking to unload the 200, hoping to get a parts bike from kevin on the forum.
would like to keep it and finish it, but need room and need some 500 parts.
hows the 650 coming?? have you started yet??
what are the plans on it, hard tail or springer seat??
they make a real good hard tail add on for those frames, looks awesome.
any way, post some pics when your on the go, would like to see it, my next project will be a xs650.
later.

The xs650 is a great project bike but they are hard to find on the cheap... But they are out there if you look. I'm not doing a hardtail, just lower shocks, higher bars, smaller headlight and signals, couple of cosmietic things...

Will post some pics soon

Back
Top Bottom