My Suzuki T250

Madmaxx

Been Around the Block
I don't post much here anymore.... sorry guys.

Figured I'd post pics of this Suzuki T250 I got back on the road.
An 80's survivor.
DSCN2704.jpg

2-stroke twin with a 6 speed trans is how it comes from the factory.
Factory tank is butt ugly.
The guy that owned it before me used to ride the streets of Cali on this beast.
He changed it over to a Suzuki fiberglass cafe style tank and tail section (the bottom of the tank says Suzuki under the resin).
It has adjustable rearsets on it (GP or reverse shifting.... 1 up 5 down), low bars, an aluminum lipped rim up front (soon to have one on back), a set of Bridgestone tires, clamp on filters, aftermarket race shocks, and a couple other goodies.

The guy tells the story of the day he put it away for 20 years.
"Well I had been drinking and I got the idea I wanted to take the bike for a spin. I knew the throttle stuck every once in a while, so I bump started it down this hill. Well... I hopped on it and the throttle stuck and it wouldn't come out of it and I laid it down. After that I was ashamed and put it in the garage and let it sit."

I traded the guy the bike (with title) for a tire for his goldwing ($160).
Cleaned and lined the tank, cleaned the carb (had to reuse all the old parts and I made my own bowl gaskets), put a new battery in it........ VaaaaRRRRRRRRRING-a-ding-ding.
I love the dang thing!
My smallest street bike and it is just SO cool.

I took it to Heartland of America Park Topeka (road coarse) and ran the bike on their beautiful track on an open track day they had.
It rained all day.
:mad:
But it was still fun.

I've got less than $300 in it probably.... and I wouldn't sell it for anything less than $2000.
Not like I put it for sale...... but everything's for sale!!!!

awesome ride! what are your plans with it? i have a 1973 and a 1974 gt250. one is a basket case and the other is being redone right now.

Bring it to the motorcycle shop I work at and put a glass case around it and let it rot on display.
::)

No.

I don't know. It sucks to take to work.
It's 25 miles and all highway.
The thing does 55 ok..... but it just sounds like it's ringing it's neck.
Then again... it's a two stroke.... they rev to the sky.

Probably take it out every couple weeks.
Otherwise.... it's awesome to pop around town on (my town is population of 2,200 people..... so there isn't a lot of popping around to do).

crazypj said:
Get a fork brace on it and slide around on the silencers.
They is lots of fun. there should be porting specs online somewhere to get it up to 40~50bhp, then you can harras new sportbikes on the twisty bits ;D

PJ

They make the T305 or something?
The cylinders swap right over I guess.
Thought about it.... but they are few and far between.

I guess I'll wait until I blow it up.

At Topeka on the strait-away the speedo was reading 90mph I believe.
Who knows how accurate that really is.

Getting passed like I was standing still by CBR600's and R1's, YZ426.... etc.

Back
Top Bottom