www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)  (Read 351369 times)

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
Re: 665----667---------Neighbour's of the Beast
« Reply #110 on: Apr 03, 2010, 12:53:39 »
Hi Guys,
 Well, had a major setback shortly after last post, ended up in emergency room overnight.
 I have never felt so bad in my life (even after busting 6 ribs I didn't feel too bad)
 Got something wrong with right ear/side of face. (docs don't really have a clue, best guess is unknown cause vertigo  ::))
Got bunch of intravenous drugs pumped into me then scans and x-rays
Spent 3 days in bed, slept for most of it.
Still having problem but now I'm just dealing with it (and pretty pissed off)
 Good news though,
I did manage to finish polishing rear rim last week and I did most of work on hub
Wife been letting me sit in front of TV with emery cloth and metal polish 'cause I been sick ;D
 Almost ready to machine some slots in it (this is going to be best looking Honda hub ever 8))
It's about impossible to make them look good because they are a weird shape that just 'looks heavy'
 Drilled cam cover and clutch cover but haven't finished machining or tapped holes yet plus, I have to polish clutch cover (and generator cover).
The clutch operating /sprocket cover is finished
 Managed to misplace the bag of nuts/bolts for cam cover/cyl head so that's not fitted.

Pretty much had to buy wife a new car, its in 'Our Cages'
I just can't be bothered to work on cars with so many bike projects going on and unknown health problems (plus the known ones  :()
 All for now, going to work on something  ;D :D

PJ
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2010, 02:15:31 by crazypj »
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline diesel450

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • "Fast with a past"
« Reply #111 on: Apr 03, 2010, 13:03:54 »
Damn Man, sorry to hear that. I had a thought, have you been tested for Menaire's syndrome? (not sure if I spelled that right) My father had it. The symptoms sound exactly like what you are going through, unexplained vertigo etc. It came on him in his late 50's and it took the doctors a couple years to figure out what it was. Might be worth looking into if you haven't already. My Dad ended up having "minor" Brain surgery (minor in quotes as there is no minor brain surgery) they detached a nerve that was the cause, it would act up effecting his inner ear and causing the problem. He has been fine since, for about the last 10 years or so. I encourage you to research it a bit and run it by your doc.

Feel well soon and lets see the work!!

Offline Rocan

• "Long after I rest, my steel will live on"
« Reply #112 on: Apr 03, 2010, 13:16:20 »
that sucks man. its good to see your still getting some work done. I cant wait to see whats been happening inside the home of a great bike builder.

when you said you drilled your clutch cover for a second i thought you were running a dry clutch and got excited  :D

where is the line running from? im thinking from the oil sump?
PJ- Cafe's don't really work right until you get rolling 70mph +

Honda CB350 Project- www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=8643.0

Honda C100 Restoration- www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=38653.0

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
« Reply #113 on: Apr 03, 2010, 17:25:14 »
Wow PJ, I don't even know what to say. I hope you feel better and the docs can get it straightened out.

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #114 on: Apr 06, 2010, 12:31:09 »
PJ...ya gotta quit swillin' carb cleaner....it'll get you every time!
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

Offline Reinhard

• DTT SUPPORTER
    • CB500 Project:Rising Sun
« Reply #115 on: Apr 06, 2010, 15:15:21 »
Hi Guys,
 Well, had a major setback shortly after last post, ended up in emergency room overnight.
 I have never felt so bad in my life (even after busting 6 ribs I didn't feel too bad)
 Got something wrong with right ear/side of face. (docs don't really have a clue, best guess is unknown cause vertigo  ::))
Got bunch of intravenous drugs pumped into me then scans and x-rays
Spent 3 days in bed, slept for most of it.
Still having problem but now I'm just dealing with it (and pretty pissed off)
 Good news though,
I did manage to finish polishing rear rim last week and I did most of work on hub
Wife been letting me sit in front of TV with emery cloth and metal polish 'cause I been sick ;D
 Almost ready to machine some slots in it (this is going to be best looking Honda hub ever 8))
It's about impossible to make them look good because they are a weird shape that just 'looks heavy'
 Drilled cam cover and clutch cover but haven't finished machining or tapped holes yet plus, I have to polish clutch cover (and generator cover).
The clutch operating /sprocket cover is finished
 Managed to misplace the bag of nuts/bolts for cam cover/cyl head so that's not fitted.
 Going to  measure opening /closing points and degree in the cam (haven't decided on timing yet, at least where it opens)
 Will use the numbers to make a 'proper' exhaust.
 I did finish cleanup and valve seat cutting on one of the Yamaha V-Max heads I've had here since last April  (one down, one to go  ;))
 Pretty much had to buy wife a new car, its in 'Our Cages'
I just can't be bothered to work on cars with so many bike projects going on and unknown health problems (plus the known ones  :()
 All for now, going to work on something  ;D :D

PJ

Sounds like Belles' Palsy
Cheers,
Reinhard

1972 CB500 Rising Sun
1972 CB500  Goldmember
1972 CL100 Scrambler
1972 CB500 hybrid streetfighter,Project "Barely Legal"
Tassels are for Titties and Kiddies

Offline Kanticoy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Mad Science!
« Reply #116 on: Apr 06, 2010, 18:19:35 »
Sounds like Belles' Palsy

+1 I know of several people who have it.  It can cause stroke like symptoms but nothing permanent at all.  Main symptoms are above the neck.

Glad you can still tinker PJ.
I get not knowing, but I can't for the life of me understand not trying. It's only metal it can be fixed. Man up and risk a mistake in exchange for a lesson.
'

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #117 on: Apr 06, 2010, 18:57:11 »
Main symptoms are above the neck.

Well that explains the face!

in all seriousness...I do hope this comes to a close soon. medical impediment both sucks AND blows (neither in a friendly way)
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn

Offline hillsy

« Reply #118 on: Apr 07, 2010, 07:50:07 »
Shit - not good to hear that PJ - hope you get better soon bud  ;)

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #119 on: Apr 08, 2010, 19:00:20 »
Hi All,
Thanks for messages and suggestions, going to write it all down and ask doc about it next week (appointment on 15th)

I did some major carving on rear hub and brake plate.
 Hub looks real good even without paint.
 It is going to be totally awesome (really)
Got a few holes to drill and tap then I'll take pics.
 I'm actually pretty excited about it as I can picture exactly what it's going to look like, and, its going to be good (and you lot know I don't get excited about bikes easy  :D)

Not sure about brake plate, will try it out after making an internal brace (if there is enough room)
 It should be of interest to Microsoft (has 'windows'  ;D)
 did a lot of carving, all the internal and external ribs are still in place, but not much else.
 Even carved around center (as its only needed to locate on axle, shouldn't have any torque applied)
I'm glad I bought a spare,(or two  ;)) just in case I don't like it.
May drill one to sort of match front, will have to assemble before making decision.

PJ

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2010, 02:16:34 by crazypj »
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0