Let's see your Garage / Shop

JRK5892 said:
i dig the rolley round wiht the peg board! great idea!!!!

diddo! greattt garage, im very jealous.

my dream, have a garage. dumb fucking city...

Man i need to get some pics of the shop up. I built it with my father when i was a young pup. It has served me well over the year learned many ways how not to do things :). It's 20x24 as that is the biggest the city would allow. Best advice is storage is key and keep stocked up on supplies. For instance i have sand paper 40-2000+ sheet and DA stocked, i buy it in bulk from a local supplier. Oil, coolant, ect. If you know you will use it by it on sale and stock up...really saves time and money in the long run.

Midcoastcustoms said:
Man i need to get some pics of the shop up. I built it with my father when i was a young pup. It has served me well over the year learned many ways how not to do things :). It's 20x24 as that is the biggest the city would allow. Best advice is storage is key and keep stocked up on supplies. For instance i have sand paper 40-2000+ sheet and DA stocked, i buy it in bulk from a local supplier. Oil, coolant, ect. If you know you will use it by it on sale and stock up...really saves time and money in the long run.

if only i had the space for it all!

one day...

maybe i should just buy like 50 motorcycles to "stock up"?

;)

Space for now ;D
bikeshop1.jpg

Hey, better than nothin, nice use of resources. About as well insulated as my own garage too :(

haha yea well thanks mysta hopefully ill be building a work bench for in there before it gets too cold but its all good b/c she has electricity so i can run a little heater in there ;)

The bigger you get the more shit you put in it . LOL
Back when it was full . Next to the Caddy where 2 small quads then I would fit my Shadow in there .

EheynMichaelAbbey001.jpg

I live in an apartment building, not the greatest place to work on a bike (on the third floor). Luckily, I have been able to use a coworker's garage down the street from where I live.

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03162.jpg

Well this is where I spend a lot of quality time. Fairly unorganised. But, during December, I did some work cleaning it up, throwing out crap that had been in there for years, and trying to make a more methodical working environment.

BEFORE pics:

Garage_05.jpg

Assembly_bench.jpg

These dirty little bastards are as responsible as I am for making a mess in here.

Dawgs.jpg

Started cleaning stuff up:

Drillpress.jpg

And then my dad gave me this old cabinet (which he made in the 60's) from his workshop, which I fixed up, and it gave me the inspiration to get the rest of the garage right.

Cupboard_01.jpg

Cupboard_01_fixed.jpg

And this is kinda how it is now, just a bit more messy.

Cleaned_up_02.jpg

Assembly_bench_02.jpg

i just graduated college, so i currently live on the second floor of a pretty small apt. So i don't have a garage, but this is my current work space/garage/kitchen....

I had 2 of my friends help me carry it up the stairs, wish i would've got a picture of this happening :p

cage1z.jpg

and the corner you cant see in the picture...

cage2u.jpg

obviously not as nice as anyone elses work room or garage, but after only being able to work on the bike for 30 minutes after work before it got to dark or was just to cold to continue, i got fed up with getting nothing done for months...so i figured...i'll just put it in my kitchen ;D

hopefully will be getting a bigger place with an ACTUAL garage so i can fit all my toys

Very cool pics emcarthu. The black and white one looks vintage with the old radio and all. :) I see its still there in the second photo, so Im assuming the first pic isnt as old as you first think right? Really nice.

Dale said:
Very cool pics emcarthu. The black and white one looks vintage with the old radio and all. :) I see its still there in the second photo, so Im assuming the first pic isnt as old as you first think right? Really nice.
[/quote ]

thanks! yeah the b&w one is more recent than the other actually.

jmj166 said:
i just graduated college, so i currently live on the second floor of a pretty small apt. So i don't have a garage, but this is my current work space/garage/kitchen....

I had 2 of my friends help me carry it up the stairs, wish i would've got a picture of this happening :p

cage1z.jpg

and the corner you cant see in the picture...

cage2u.jpg

obviously not as nice as anyone elses work room or garage, but after only being able to work on the bike for 30 minutes after work before it got to dark or was just to cold to continue, i got fed up with getting nothing done for months...so i figured...i'll just put it in my kitchen ;D

hopefully will be getting a bigger place with an ACTUAL garage so i can fit all my toys

dedication!... i love it!

Sadly I have no garage, but i do have a walkout basement that I use.
Panarchy!

Attachments

• GEDC1532.JPG
    GEDC1532.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 353
Walkout basement workshop FTW - I wish! Would be great to have something 'in' the house with access to heat, plumbing etc. (and pancakes).

Here's what I got right now:
photo0066l.jpg

Only the right hand bay. And all the junk that was there before. I got my car out of there now and have some room to work with. I'm living at home. My dad and his girlfriend however are getting a house. Our family has 4 kids, theirs 5. :eek: Needless to say I will be spending most of the time in the 60x40' garage!

600x86400httpa367yahoof.jpg

Back
Top Bottom